I did some research to find the most commonly ordered take-out foods. Turns out we have easy, budget-friendly recipes here on Good Cheap Eats to help you break the take-out cycle.
Not only can you save money, but you’ll also be able to make your favorite foods exactly the way you like them, avoiding allergens or unwanted ingredients.
Check out these fan-favorite Good Cheap Eats as an alternative to take-out:
The average American spends over $2000/year on coffee! Bring that in-house statistic down by making your own coffee drinks at home!
Cinnamon Rolls are one of the most commonly ordered breakfast item, yet they’re also incredibly easy to make at home.
Donuts are next on the list of items that folks aren’t sure how to make themselves. While it does take a special kitchen gadget or two, baking or frying donuts at home is pretty easy!
The ever-popular breakfast sandwich is so easy to make at home, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it forever. Don’t forget to try your hand at Breakfast Burritos, too!
Mac & Cheese
I’ll be honest. I’ve never trusted Mac & Cheese that came from a restaurant. Part of that is because homemade is so easy and cheap! I hope you’ll give these easy recipes a try.
I was a child of the Chicken Wars, and while I still favor KFC Original, I’ve learned that making my own at home is a far better way. Try one of these easy chicken recipes and let me know what you think!
I love a Double-Double or Big Mac just as much as the next person, but it’s the high costs I can do without. Making homemade burgers is a great way for you (and me!) to save money and still enjoy a great hamburger.
Fries & Sides
Growing up in Southern California, I was blessed with some of the best Mexican food this side of the border. While I definitely have favorite taquerias to visit, I also know we can save some money making tacos and burritos at home. Here are just a few of our faves, but be sure to check out all our Mexican food recipes.
The world of Asian-inspired take-out is vast and varied, not limited to any one country. While just a sampling of the options out there, these Good Cheap Eats Asian recipes help suit the craving when it hits — without the expense.
You don’t need to call the pizza delivery guy when you can easily make your faves at home. We’ve got you covered for pizza bases, sauce, toppings, and more!
Pizza Crust, Sauce, and Other Bases
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- Sourdough Pizza Crust (60 cents/pizza)
- BEST Homemade Pizza Recipe
- How to Make Pan Pizza at Home
- Easy Mini Pizza Recipe (Freezer-friendly)
- Tortilla Pizza (52 cents each)
- English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 5-Ingredient Pita Pizza
- Easy Homemade Pizza Bagels Recipe (54cents/serving)
- Pesto and Tomato French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Last-Minute No Cook Pizza Sauce (50 cents/cup)
- Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Quick and Easy Three Cheese Pizza
- Jalapeno Pizza
- The BEST Homemade Supreme Pizza Recipe
- Burrito Pizza to Spice Up Your Pizza Nights
- Chicken Pesto Pizza with Fresh Avocado
- Tartiflette Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza with Bacon & Pineapple
- The Easiest Grilled Pizza You Can Make
- Kale Pizza with Mushrooms and Tomatoes (53 cents/slice)
- Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Goat Cheese Pizza