Last week I made a little lunchtime experiment. I took my regular feta-pesto pizza toppings and placed them on a tortilla. I was feeling lazy and hungry. See? I didn’t even grate the mozzarella. Just shaved off some thin slices.
Then I ran it under the broiler for three minutes. It was delicious!
Next time I’m going to toast the underside somehow first and then put on the toppings to ensure a crisper crust. This was a decadent lunch after all my laziness. The flavors of the feta and pesto carried a great punch. Two thumbs up!
You could put whatever topping you want on top. Experiment and let me know how it goes for you!
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or pesto, or more to taste
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded) (2 cup)
- toppings for pizza such as pepperoni, sausage, ham, pineapple, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay out the tortillas on large baking sheets.
- Divide the sauce over the surface of the tortillas. Sprinkle on the cheese and your choice of toppings.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until crust is crisp, cheese is melted, and toppings are hot. Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate and based on 1 pizza and do not account for optional toppings.