Planning a regular rotation of breakfast items can make meal planning and prep loads easier.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you budget recipes and money-saving tips every week!
Some folks really like variety when it comes to their daily meals. Some folks like to eat. My people fall mostly in the latter category. They are pretty easy going about meals as long as they are presented in abundance and in a timely manner.
We are currently in a very busy season of life with homeschool, hockey, ballet, karate, and my writing responsibilities. Throw in a sugar fast and meal times get more complicated than they already are.
I made the executive decision that breakfasts and lunches are going to be a set menu for the next six weeks. Not only will I not be planning breakfasts and lunches, but the grocery list will be the same every week. As long as we have things stocked, we’ll be good.
I did this last summer as well and it worked like a charm. As you can see, there are SO MANY variations within my rotation schedule, there’s little chance of our getting bored, even though I’ll be working from the same ingredients every week.
Here’s the menu for breakfasts:
Get the low-down on a breakfast bar here.
- Cereal, most likely Trader Joe’s Shredded Wheat
- Homemade Granola: Not-Too-Sweet Granola, Maple Vanilla Almond Granola, Cranberry Orange Granola
- Quick Breads: Spiced Carrot Bread, Banana Bread
- Yeast Breads: Honey-Sweetened Raisin Bread, Whole Wheat Cranberry Rolls, Maple-Brown Sugar Cinnamon Rolls
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- Fresh Juice
- Easy Homemade Crepes – To make traditional crepes, you’ll need to prep the batter a little bit in advance — at least 30 minutes.
- Basic Pancakes
- 5-Grain Pancakes with Flax
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes
- Pancakes with Apples and Whipped Maple Butter
- Oven Pancake with Cinnamon Apples
Eggs or Egg dish of some sort
- Skillet Eggs
- Spicy Turkey Egg Bake
- Bacon and Broccoli Egg Bake
- Fajita Omelet
- Breakfast Burrito Bar
- Hashbrown Breakfast Stacks
Smoothies/Juices and Muffins
- Apple Carrot Juice with Ginger
- Carrot Juice Plus
- Coconut Mango Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie with Banana
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Coconut Lime Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Mix and Match Muffins
- Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
Oatmeal and Hot Cereal
- Not Mushy Oatmeal
- Cranberry-Sunflower Oatmeal and an Oatmeal Bar
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Oat Cakes
- Breakfast Cookies
There are six categories here which takes care of six days of the week. Then, the seventh day will be Chef’s Choice.