Hashbrown Breakfast Stacks come together easily with less than 10 ingredients to create a tasty and filling breakfast or meal anytime of day.
Recently, I’ve been tired. I’m eating well and sleeping fairly well. But, chronic pain is weighing me down. The doctor attributes it to inflammation. Yet, the anti-inflammatories make me ill. So, there we are.
Until I get that straightened out, I’m focusing my energy on making things easy, especially meals.
Yesterday’s menu included Rice Bowls for me, a friend, and our combined eleven children. Believe me, Rice Bowls are easy, especially when you’re feeding thirteen people. Holy cow, I fed thirteen people lunch and didn’t even realize it.
Hubby and I had a date night while the kids contented themselves with roast beef sandwiches and all the homemade pickles they could eat.
And breakfast was this easy Hashbrown Breakfast Stack. I confess, I used premade hashbrown patties from Trader Joe’s, but you could easily use these homefries, Panini Press Hashbrowns or even a baked potato for the base.
The beauties of this recipe include that it comes together quickly, uses few ingredients (less than 10) and it tastes great. It’s a super filling way to start the day.
Looking for more bright ideas to get dinner on the table? My latest cookbook is here! And it’s designed just for you to make dinner quickly, easily, and affordably.
You can beat the clock without breaking the bank. And you’ll eat well too.
Hashbrown Breakfast Stacks
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 8 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- black pepper
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (shredded) (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- Bake the frozen hashbrown patties according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl beat the eggs lightly.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil or butter until hot. Add the eggs, season to taste with salt and pepper. As the eggs lighten in color around the edges, begin to stir the eggs lightly, bringing the edges to the center, and flipping as needed to cook the "scrambled" eggs on all sides. Remove from heat.
- Place two hashbrown patties on each of four plates. Divide the eggs among the four plates. Top with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, dollops of sour cream and slices of avocado. Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate and based on 1/4 the recipe.