At our house, Mexican food is standard fare. And while I don’t ever call this dish by it’s true name, “pico de gallo,” I make up a batch at least once a week. We simply call it, salsa. And it is so yummy, especially if you have homegrown tomatoes.
Easy Pico de Gallo
- 2-3 tomatoes (2 cups chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (1/4 cup chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp finely minced jalapeno or serrano chile start with less and work your way up in heat
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with chips or with your favorite Mexican Food dishes.