If you follow along at LifeasMOM, you know that I’ve been freezer cooking at my house. Over the course of several days I put together bulk batches of cookies, breads, crackers, and granola bars so that our family would have lots of good snacking in the weeks to come.
One new experiment was this Coconut Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips. I like to have several different banana bread recipes in rotation. That way things are never boring. At least not where banana bread is concerned.
This recipe has less sugar than most banana breads, but the chocolate compensates for that. The coconut flavor is delicate. Feel free to substitute milk for the coconut milk if you’d rather.
Toggle the servings in the recipe to make more than one loaf. I like to bake many at one time so I can freeze the extras!
Coconut Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 2 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a bread loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, sugar, oil, eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Fold to mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until tester comes out clean.