Monthly meal planning is a great way to make daily life easier as well as plan for special events.
1994 – can you believe it?!
May is a very important month in the fabric of our family. We celebrate the great trifecta of celebrations, one that should make every man shake in his boots: the wife’s birthday, Mother’s Day, and the wedding anniversary all in one month!
My poor husband. This year all three take place within fifteen days! Since I do most of the cooking, at least he knows we’ll eat well. Hehe. We also had one FishBoy born in May, within that same two week period, so it is clearly the most festive of months.
That said, I had some fun planning out our menu this month.
As some of you know, I like to plan one month of menus at a time. It really isn’t as difficult as it might seem. In fact, it makes daily life much easier. Since I use “meal themes” on which to build our menu plan, it’s pretty formulaic.
This month’s formula:
- At least 1 meatless meal
- 2-3 nights of grilling out or meat main dish meals
- Pasta night
- Sandwich bar (replacing the soup night of winter days)
- Pizza night
It was super easy to plug those into the different days of the month, making sure to make our family holiday meals a little extra special. I’ll be making a couple birthday cakes, including my own. Because that’s how I roll.
Here’s what the month looks like:
3. Sandwich Bar
4. Pizza Night
11. Pizza Night
12. Grilled sausages, Lemon Roasted Potatoes, Vegetables
14. Anniversary Dinner! We’re having the same meal we had on our wedding day.
16. Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Rice Pilaf, Vegetables
18. Pizza Night
19. Grilled Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, Salad
21. Bday dinner: Bday Boy’s choice
25. Pizza Night
I made that cake, too.
27. It’s My Birthday! Tri-tip, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Caesar Salad, Garlic Rolls
29. Alfredo Pasta, Steamed Veg, Garlic Parmesan Swirl Biscuits
30. Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Veg