We’re entering the second week of our month-long Pantry Challenge. Meal planning is key to making this thing work. So, I’ve been scheming and taking inventory, making lists and strategizing. If you build your meal plan from what you have, it will go well for you.
Last week I cleaned out the frig and wiped everything down. That felt good. Now that the shelves are emptying, it’s nice to see some clear spaces. It makes me feel on top of things.
I also inventoried the freezer. AND, I’ve been checking things off my inventory. May wonders never cease! I always forget to check off things as I use them. At least this week, I’m motivated not to have to take inventory again.
While I don’t always do a 3×7 meal plan, I am this month to better use up our resources in the pantry, fridge, and freezers. Here’s the plan for the week:
- Energy Bars (cookbook), Pumpkin Bread, Apples
- Chili with Toppings and Chips
- Grilled Fish with leftover Almond-Lime Butter (cookbook), TV Potatoes from the freezer (cookbook), Salad
- Lemon-and-Honey Flax Waffles (cookbook), yogurt, homemade juice
- Tuna Salad Sandwiches, fruit and veg
- Quesadillas, fruit and veg
- Ham and Eggs, Toast, homemade juice
- Hot Dogs and Brats, Homemade Buns, fruit and veg
- Vegetable Soup with Sausage and Pasta, Good Bread, Kahlua Brownies from the freezer (cookbook)
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
- Chicken Tenders with Seasoned Bread Crumbs from the freezer, Pumpkin Onion Rolls, Fruit
- Pizza Night
- Full Breakfast with Ginger French Toast from the freezer (cookbook)
- Potstickers, Rice, Steamed Veg
- Chicken Taquitos, Rice, Beans, Salad
That’s the plan.