I didn’t make a monthly meal plan for June, and it shows. It really does help me to have a good plan to draw from.
I’m heading into a big season of recipe retesting so I will have a fairly scheduled approach to meal planning. We’re going to continue with the breakfast and lunch rotation since my people can pretty much do that on their own. Dinners will be for experimenting with one night of planned take-out.
That’s my theory at the moment, anyway.
We spent Saturday out of town, so before we left I worked up our meal plan for the week, surveying the freezer contents first. As you may remember, I overspent/overbought on groceries, so I’m laying low with what we’ve got this week. It was too late to put the produce box on hold, so we have that expense as well as milk, eggs, and bananas. We go through those like crazy!
Here’s the meal plan for the week:
Breakfasts for Summer
All served with seasonal fresh fruit.
- Monday: French Toast
- Tuesday: Breakfast Bar
- Wednesday: Breakfast Sandwiches or Breakfast Burritos
- Thursday: Not Soggy Oatmeal with Toppings
- Friday: Pancakes
- Saturday: Waffles
Lunches for Summer
All served with seasonal fresh fruit and veg.
I’m having salads most days, while the kids have:
- Monday: Turkey Sandwiches or Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- Tuesday: Sunbutter and Jelly
- Wednesday: Burritos or Tacos
- Thursday: Pasta Salad
- Friday: Chili or Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Saturday: Hamburgers or Hot Dogs and Brats
Dinners this week
All served with seasonal fruit and veg.
- Sunday: Grilled Fish, Salad, Potatoes
- Monday: Crockpot Roast, Potatoes, Vegetables
- Tuesday: Rice Bowls with whatever
- Wednesday: Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Thursday: Grilled Fish, Couscous
- Friday: Pizza Night
- Saturday: Grilled Chicken, Rice Pilaf