I’ve been reading how some people revel in their busy-ness, almost brag about it. I am not in that camp. I love having nothing to do. I’d much rather have a cleared calendar than a full one.
However, that’s not my season of life. While I like to keep it as trim as possible, there are still things to do and places to go, especially when you have a large family. On our plate this week: hockey practices and opening day of the spring hockey season.
Though the very thought of the busy-ness tires me, I know that it’s in my best interests to make sure I have a meal plan for the week. Since I’m eating a strict diet right now (about 2 more weeks to go), it’s all that more important that I plan. There really aren’t too many choices for eating out. It’s easier to eat at home right now. Cheaper, too, me thinks.
So, here’s the dinner plan for next week:
- Grilled Chicken, Salad, Rice for the Fam
- Pasta with Red Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread (I’ll have a large salad with leftover chicken.)
- Shrimp Tacos (I’ll use lettuce leaves for tortillas or have my shrimp on salad.)
- Texas Chili, Cornbread, Toppings
- Pizza Night (I’ll have leftovers)
- Grilled Fish, Steamed Vegetables, Potatoes
- Date night for the parents/Quesadillas for the kids