Greek flavors like feta and spinach combine with mushrooms for a fabulous taste treat.
I think if it weren’t for steak, I could easily become a vegetarian. I almost always choose a meatless item at a restaurant. And my meals at home certainly drift that way.
Especially when it comes to pizza.
This pizza, redolent with Greek flavors was a fabulous taste treat. One that I will be repeating many times over in the future.
At our house, I make one batch of pizza dough, divide it into eight portions, and make everyone his favorite flavor combination. This is one of mine:
Recipe: Greek Pizza
- 1/8 batch pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- sprinkles of basil and garlic powder
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500 °. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with corn meal to prevent sticking or line with parchment paper.
- Flatten dough into a thin round and place on the cooking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce and sprinkle with basil and garlic powder to taste.
- Layer spinach leaves over sauce.
- Sprinkle mushrooms, feta cheese, mozzarella, and tomatoes over spinach in layers.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese melted and lightly browned.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
For the carnivores among you, you could easily add grilled chicken or steak. Either way, it’s a fabulous meal and perfect for Meatless Mondays or your next Pizza Night.