Since the days I worked in catering when I mixed up huge vats of ranch dressing, I’ve been making my own at home. A little buttermilk, mayo, and a few herbs and seasonings are all it takes. Recently I was out of parsley, so I experimented and created something new. It was pizza night, after all. And we love ranch dressing with pizza. The kids didn’t balk at the new flavor. In fact, it was widely accepted, thus, making it a new addition to our repertoire.
Recipe: Creamy Garlic Dressing with Cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine ingredients in a blender. (I used my Magic Bullet.) Blend until smooth.
- Adjust amount of buttermilk until dressing is the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve as a salad dressing or dip for veggies — or pizza.
Making your own salad dressing is a great money saver! And it tastes better, too. For more money saving ideas, visit Frugal Friday.