Need side dish inspiration for your weekend BBQ? Check out this compilation of EASY side dishes that your friends and family will love.
As the weekend approaches, you might consult the grocery ads to see what’s on sale in terms of meats suitable for grilling. At my Ralphs, there’s lots of beef and hot dogs on special. Sprouts has chicken.
Once you get the meat figured out, the sides can be pretty easy, especially if you vary the textures and choose some make-ahead recipes. Need some help? Check these out.
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili - Offer small ramekins or mugs so folks can easily manage it all.
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes - Host a potato bar where folks can serve themselves
- Healthier Refried Beans - Cheap eats never tasted so good!
- The Go-To Salad - This is one of my favorite salads EVER.
- Cumin-Scented Cabbage Salad - You will be amazed at how easy this is to pull together.
- Carrot Salad with Cilantro and Pepitas - Bust out of your traditional slaw and make this!
Grains and Taters
- East Roast Potatoes - Consider making a double batch, these are so good.
- Lemon and Herb Rice Pilaf - Easy and tasty, this comes together quickly on the stovetop.
- Cheesy Corn and Chile Tamales - These are my cheater tamales since they’re so easy to make. You will impress the masses with these.
Simple Vegetable Dishes
- Easy Garlic Green Beans - Got ten minutes? That’s all you need.
- Sauteed Corn with Fresh Thyme - Whether you use fresh or frozen corn, this will be great.
- Mixed Grilled Vegetables - It doesn’t get easier than this!