Since the days I worked in catering when I mixed up huge vats of ranch dressing, I’ve been making my own at home. A little buttermilk, mayo, and a few herbs and seasonings are all it takes. Recently I was out of parsley, so I experimented and created something new. It was pizza night, after all. And we love ranch dressing with pizza. The kids didn’t balk at the new flavor. In fact, it was widely accepted, thus, making it a new addition to our repertoire.
Creamy Garlic Dressing with Cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl or jar, combine the mayonnaise and buttermilk. Whisk until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of buttermilk until the dressing is the desired consistency.
- Stir in the garlic, cilantro, cumin, and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve as a salad dressing or dip for veggies — or pizza.