I’ve decided never to write a meal plan again.
That statement is as preposterous as serving this for breakfast every day. (It’s really a cake! Loaded with sugar, I might add.)
But seriously, a meal plan is necessary to making our days run more smoothly. In fact, if I spend a few minutes to make sure that I have all three meals (plus snacks) planned out, the day goes very nice.
If I bust out and do some freezer cooking, well, we might get to eat in a reasonable amount of time, too. With hockey occupying three nights and one morning out of the week, I have to be on my toes.
I spent about ten minutes drafting out a meal plan for the month of April. It wasn’t hard since I follow certainly formulas. Every week to ten days we have pizza, pasta, soup, and mexican food. Those repeat in a cycle with other items rotating in.
Here’s the plan for the month:
2. Lawnmower Taco, Salad
3. Pasta Night, Vegetable, Cornbread
5. Mexibar – with Cheese Enchiladas, Rice, Beans, Salad, Toppings
6. Pizza Night
8. Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Vegetable, Biscuits
10. Beans and Rice
12. Paso Mom Tacos
14. Pasta Night, Salad or Veg, Drop Biscuits
16. Mexibar – with Cheese Enchiladas, Rice, Beans, Salad, Toppings
19. Beans and Rice
25. Pasta Night, Salad or Veg, Drop Biscuits
26. Mexibar – with Cheese Enchiladas, Rice, Beans, Salad, Toppings
27. Pizza Night, Green Salad
28. Soup Night, good bread
30. Chef’s Choice