Remember that Avocado Salsa I told you about the other day? Well, we had a little leftover that first night. And while avocado doesn’t normally “keep” well, I saved it. It was too good to go to waste and I was already stuffed full of taquitos! I covered it and store it in the fridge until the next morning and then made this “to die for” sandwich. The avocado warmed to a beautiful buttery texture and the spice of the cheese and the salsa offered plenty of kick.
Having a panini grill makes it super easy to whip up hot sandwiches. But, you could always prepare this sandwich like a traditional grilled cheese.
Recipe: Turkey Avocado Salsa Panini
- 2 slices bread, I used cracked wheat
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices oven roasted turkey breast
- several spoonfuls Avocado Salsa, drained
- Heat panini grill or griddle. Place one slice bread on hot surface. Layer cheese, turkey, and salsa. Top with second slice bread. Close griddle and cook 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, if using griddle, toast on one side and then flip. Cook until cheese melts.
- Enjoy hot.