I love to have bread as a side dish. These biscuits take a little extra work, but they really dress up the plate.
Recipe: Garlic-Parmesan Swirl Biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In small bowl, combine softened butter, garlic, Parmesan, and parsley. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Stir in milk until combined. Turn out onto floured surface. Knead a few times and flatten into a 9 x 12 square. Spread garlic butter over surface of dough. Roll up dough from long edge and pinch to seal.
- Cut rolled dough into 12 pieces, each one-inch wide. Place each spiral in a prepared muffin cut and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
Want the dish on delicious ways to act your wage? Subscribe to GCE in a reader or via email.