Spice up your life — and your cauliflower with Cajun-inspired spices.
Even though it took hours of preparation and only minutes to eat, I must say that this year’s Easter dinner was pretty fab. Honeybaked Ham (recipe created on the fly), Tastiest Scalloped Potatoes, Asparagus, and Cajun Spiced Cauliflower were on display.
And it was quite tasty!
Not a huge vegetable fan, my husband didn’t serve himself much more than the ham and potatoes. But, I made him try the cauliflower since I had gone Cajun with it, a seasoning he loves. His answer?
“Now, that’s delightful.”
Seriously. So, if you’d like your husband to call cauliflower delightful, then you need to mix up a batch of this.
Cajun Spiced Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tbsp butter melted or olive oil, if dairy-free
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Steam the cauliflower in a steamer basket over a pot of water, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, salt, thyme, dill, paprika, and pepper.
- Drizzle the spiced butter over the cauliflower and toss gently to distribute evenly.