Apples are a year-round staple at our house. They are a quick-prep snack and easily portable. And, apples in Fall, fresh from a local tree, are the best.
Last year I bought 3 huge boxes of apples on killer sale and then processed them in different ways: Nanna’s Apple Pie, Slab Apple Pie, Crockpot Applesauce, Chausson aux Pommes, and apple slices. This month I am really looking forward to heading to our old stomping grounds and buying boxes of See Canyon Apples.
Today’s recipe, however, makes use of dried apples. It’s what I had on hand when I went to bake something appley. The family really liked these muffins.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Prepare the Nutty Streusel Topping and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the milk, yogurt, oil, and eggs. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the muffin mix, dried apples, cinnamon, and zest of the orange
- Fold just until combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. It's okay if the cups overflow. Sprinkle the streusel over the tops.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool the baked muffins on a wire rack.