This Cinnamon Coffeecake is quickly becoming a favorite at our house. The cinnamon and brown sugar form a crunchy topping, some of it resting on top, some of it sinking to the cake. Either way delicious. The cake is easy to pull together, makes a great make-ahead baking mix, and it tastes great! Though, I rarely get to eat any since my family devours it every time.
We’ve They’ve been enjoying it quite a bit during The Pantry Challenge.
Recipe: Cinnamon Coffecake
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °. Grease a 9×13 baking pan or a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and oil. Mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Blend just until mixed. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle them over the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8