Prepping my own baking mixes to keep on hand is standard operating procedure around here. I’ve found that it helps me to bake more if half the work is done for me.
I love the versatility of mixes because I can stir in all kinds of goodies, like zucchini. Your kids might not think they are “goodies,” but baked into these muffins they will!
Zucchini Muffins with Streusel Top
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Prepare the Nutty Streusel Topping and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the milk, yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the muffin mix, zucchini, and nutmeg.
- Fold just until combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. It's okay if the cups overflow. Sprinkle the streusel over the tops.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool the baked muffins on a wire rack.