Tomatoes are a great asset to your cooking as they make the basis of so many great sauces and salsas.
Tomatoes are great fresh, but their flavor is enhanced when roasted. Toss them with some pasta and some basil pesto, and they rock!
Pesto Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 lb wagon wheel pasta
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (julienned)
- 1 oz feta cheese crumbles (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup whole black olives
- black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- In a large salad bowl, place the pasta, pesto, tomatoes, feta, and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.