This month, we’re shopping our kitchen in order to use up what we have so we can save money and clear kitchen clutter.
Here we go with Day 12 of the Pantry Challenge!
This morning I did a quick Ralphs run. I sorted through my paper coupons they send me as well as some of the free manufacturer coupons I got in the mail. I also made sure to load the Ralphs digital coupons to the app as well as to check Ibotta.
The grocery haul wasn’t as exciting as I had hoped, but there were some good things in the lot:
- Christmas clearance – a few bags of candy heavily marked down that I’ll repurpose for Valentines
- tri-tip on marked down – this is my fam’s favorite meal. The flat of steaks was ten bucks. Since they’ve been such great sports recently about my kitchen quirks, I got it for a fun treat.
- butter on digital deal – I already have a sizable stash in the freezer, but for less than $2/pound I’m hedging my bets against the prices going up dramatically.
- cuties and blueberries on sale
- Greek yogurt on sale plus Ibotta rebate
- protein bars on digital deal
- Cheerios free after coupon
- Nutpods free after coupon
- crackers with a coupon
- lunch meat on clearance
After all was said and done I spent $71.95. That brings my month’s total to $231.76, still nothing out of pocket, but close!
What We Ate
Breakfast – I pulled out a loaf of Sourdough Rye Bread and a box of Apple Cinnamon Muffins from the freezer. The kids reheated the muffins in the air fryer. I made Skillet-Poached Eggs with Spinach for me and my daughter, using the power greens that need using as well as leeks and peppers from the freezer.
Lunch – The kids made sandwiches with the rye bread and the lunchmeat I bought. I reheated some Mulligatawny Soup from the freezer.
Dinner – I seasoned the tri-tip with Homemade Seasoned Salt and Bryan grilled them along with the last piece of salmon for me. (While steak would help my anemia, my cardiologist said no to red meat.) I thawed a batch of Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes from Christmas and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I made a small batch of Greek Yogurt Tartar Sauce for my fish.
How did Day 12 go for you?