Gingerbread hot cocoa is true to its name. Rich in flavor, it’ll warm your tummy this winter.
There’s a chill in the air. Time to enjoy a warm cup of goodness. You might love coffee or tea. Hot cocoa is good, too.
We’ve been indulging a little too much in coffee shop fare, so I’m on a mission to make more of our hot drinks at home. Last week I experimented with a Gingerbread Hot Cocoa. As my son said, “It tastes just like you’re drinking gingerbread.”
And it does!
So whip up a batch of this for your gingerbread fans.
Recipe: Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used demerara)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups milk
- whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the water, brown sugar, molasses, cocoa powder, spices, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the milk.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, whisking, until hot. Serve with whipped cream.
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6