Make dinner quick and easy tonight with these flavorful Buffalo Chicken Wraps, filled with tender spicy chicken, lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese dressing.
The Grilled Buffalo Chicken was so good that I put it in a Buffalo Chicken Salad, and that was so good that I decided to put it into a wrap. Wraps are easily portable and not as heavy as sandwiches, making them light fare for hot nights. They’re a great vehicle for leftovers.
And if you play your cards right, you’ll grill up a couple batches of Buffalo Chicken and stash enough in the freezer so that you can have wraps and salads whenever you want. All spring and summer long!
I love the ease of serving wraps. Assemble all the ingredients: chicken, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, tortillas, and a homemade blue cheese dressing. Then let everyone have to. They can mix and match ingredients however they like.
The kids might think you’re having burritos, but you can enlighten them, “No, that’s a wrap.” They may just looked at you funny, but oh well. Dinner’s made and it’s delicious!
How to make this good and cheap:
Here are some of the strategies you can use to make this recipe more economical:
- Stock up on ingredients when they are on sale. The chicken is the high price items in this recipe. Watch for sales and stock up.
- Make your own dressings. Bottled dressings are either way too expensive or full of junk. Not only are homemade dressings quick and economical to prepare, but they allow me to control the ingredients that I use. And Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing is way better than any bottled kind.
- Save your cilantro. Store your cilantro properly so it doesn’t go to waste as a mass of brown goo in the vegetable drawer.
How I make this recipe easy:
This recipe really couldn’t be easier than it is, but having the right kitchen tools can really make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable. Over time, I’ve honed my collection so that they are perfect for my needs.
Here are the tools that I use for this recipe:
- plastic cutting boards – I have blue boards for veggies and white boards for meat.
- Ergo Chef chef’s knife – I’ve had my set for several years and they work well.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Lay out the ingredients buffet style to allow diners to assemble their own wraps.
- Assemble wraps by laying chicken pieces in a thin strip down the center of a tortilla. Add lettuce, tomato, and dressing. Wrap tightly like a burrito. Serve immediately.
Updated April 22, 2017.