Fresh basil and tangy balsamic vinegar add rich flavor to this grilled pork chops recipe. Make a double batch of Balsamic Pork Chops and freeze one for a later date.
That means it’s time to cook outside, eat ice cream, and try to stay cool. Am I right?
That’s why it’s so important to have a meal plan, preferably one that is grill-worthy. That’s where these pork chops come in.
Grilled Balsamic Pork Chops
This is a super easy recipe that you can pull off in a matter of minutes. The marinade mixes up quickly, so you can set those chops in an herb and vinegar bath right away. About fifteen minutes before serving time, you’ll place the chops on a hot grill. In no time, you’ll be sitting down to quite the tasty meal.
My family thought I was serving them steak when they came to the table this weekend. Au contraire. It was “the other white meat”, but chops look a little like steak, so if they want to feel fancy, alrighty then.
How long does it take to grill pork chops?
Grilled pork chops don’t take long to cook at all. You want to cook pork to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F with a 3 minute rest time.
Getting your meat to that temperature will depend on how thick the chops are cut and how high your heat. On a grill which runs pretty hot naturally, it should take about ten to fifteen minutes to grill pork chops.
How long should you marinate pork chops?
The flavor of a marinades often intensifies in the meat the longer it’s marinated. However, if you marinate it too long, the meat can become mushy.
Marinate these pork chops for 1 to 4 hours for best texture and flavor.
What can you serve with this grilled pork chops recipe?
How do you make marinated pork chops?
This recipe is super simple to prepare.
- Mix up the marinade.
- Pour it over the meat and allow the flavors to do their thing.
- Grill the pork chops over a hot grill and serve.
Can you freeze marinated pork chops?
Freezing pork chops in their marinade is a nice and easy way to meal prep. You can freeze the marinade and the pork chops together in one bag or you can freeze them separately and combine them prior to serving.
How much does this grilled pork chops recipe cost to make?
Anytime you’re making homemade, it’s important to determine if you’re really saving money. Let’s crunch the numbers on this recipe:
- balsamic vinegar – $0.72 ($3.49/12.7 oz)
- Dijon – $0.07 ($1.69/12 oz)
- basil – $0.25 ($1.99/.5 oz)
- salt – $0.01 ($2.99/26 oz)
- pepper – $0.03 ($3.79/4 oz)
- olive oil – $1.00 ($6.49/16 oz)
- pork chops $2.98 ($1.99/lb)
A batch of these grilled pork chops costs $5.06 or $0.84 per serving.
Considering that a grilled pork chop dinner at a restaurant is easily going to cost 10 bucks, I think it’s worth to make your own. Even if you pulled out all the stops with your side dishes, you’re still going to save money.
Talk about Good Cheap Eats! That’s better than winning at Monopoly, I should say.
Want to make some easy Grilled Balsamic Pork Chops?
Grilled Pork Chops with Basil-Balsamic Marinade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops about 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- In a shallow glass dish, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon, basil, and pepper. Add the oil in a thin stream.
- Place the pork chops in the marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
- Heat the grill about 30 minutes before serving time.
- About 15 to 20 minutes before serving, cook the chops on the hot grill, turning once, until the internal temperature reads 145°, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the grill and tent with foil. Allow to rest for three minutes before serving.
This post was originally published on August 4, 2013. It has been updated for content and clarity on June 9, 2020.