Looking for some ultimate mom food to make sure you eat well every day? Try this Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich — so delicious and packed with flavor!
Part of my Re-Solutions for this year is to develop and tweak sustainable systems that are good for me, ideally those that boost my health and increase my energy. I’m developing an exercise schedule, fine-tuning how I spend my reading time, and making sure I make wise choices about how I eat. As you already know, mom food is a big thing for me.
Over the last few months, I’ve realized how important it is for me to be really intentional about my own meal planning. Sure, I plan meals for the family, but you know what it is to be a mom! Sometimes you eat differently than you feed the kids — if you eat at all.
First on my agenda is to make sure that I’m planning healthy meals for myself, especially lunch, that meal you and I are both likely to skip. To do that, I’m making sure I’ve got a plan for easy lunches. I know from experience that when things are EASY, we’re more likely to do those things. Easy lunches is a natural solution to our mom food dilemma.
This Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich is a perfect fit! Crafted in a panini press to avoid excess butter and filled with lean protein, this sandwich is the ultimate Mom (Comfort) Food. Mixing up this buffalo-sauce infused tuna salad and pressing it into a panini couldn’t be faster or easier.
As soon as I saw the different varieties, I knew I wanted to try the Hot Buffalo Style. Wow! Not too much heat, but plenty of flavor. I love it paired with a little blue cheese ranch for dipping. So good and so incredibly quick to fix.
I do hope you’ll give the Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich a try, though. It’s the ultimate comfort food this time of year — without feeling heavy or unhealthy. It comes together in about ten minutes. Easy-peasy.
Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich
- 1 2.6-ounce package albacore tuna StarKist Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- ½ rib celery finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 to 2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Heat a Panini press.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the tuna, celery, and mayonniase. Fold lightly to combine.
- Place bread on a work surface. Pile tuna salad on one slice. Layer on cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- Cook the sandwich in the press until the cheese is melted and the bread toasted. Serve immediately with blue cheese and veggie dippers.