Looking for some ultimate mom food to make sure you eat well every day? Try this Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich — so delicious and packed with flavor!
This post is sponsored content on behalf of StarKist. I have been compensated for my time spent writing. All opinions are my own.
Part of my Re-Solutions for this year is to develop and tweak sustainable systems that are good for me, ideally those that boost my health and increase my energy. I’m developing an exercise schedule, fine-tuning how I spend my reading time, and making sure I make wise choices about how I eat. As you already know, mom food is a big thing for me.
Over the last few months, I’ve realized how important it is for me to be really intentional about my own meal planning. Sure, I plan meals for the family, but you know what it is to be a mom! Sometimes you eat differently than you feed the kids — if you eat at all.
First on my agenda is to make sure that I’m planning healthy meals for myself, especially lunch, that meal you and I are both likely to skip. To do that, I’m making sure I’ve got a plan for easy lunches. I know from experience that when things are EASY, we’re more likely to do those things. Easy lunches is a natural solution to our mom food dilemma.
This Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich is a perfect fit! Crafted in a panini press to avoid excess butter and filled with lean protein, this sandwich is the ultimate Mom (Comfort) Food. Mixing up this buffalo-sauce infused tuna salad and pressing it into a panini couldn’t be faster or easier.
What makes it so easy is that StarKist Tuna pouches come all ready to go, portioned out in 110 calories or less, ready to add a good dose of protein to your diet. I love that these single-serve pouches require no can opener or draining, making them perfect to pack for picnics or to keep on hand for quick and easy lunches.
As soon as I saw the different varieties, I knew I wanted to try the Hot Buffalo Style. Wow! Not too much heat, but plenty of flavor. I love it paired with a little blue cheese ranch for dipping. So good and so incredibly quick to fix.
The StarKist Tuna pouches come in a huge variety of flavors. Consider all the delicious ways to put these bold flavors to good use:
- Lemon Pepper – top a Salade Nicoise
- Jalapeno – make simple fish tacos with a drizzle of crema
- Thai Chili Style – fold into a lettuce wrap
- Sriracha — tuck into a tuna bahn mi sandwich
- Tapatio – add a little extra protein to your next taco salad
- Hot Sauce with Rice and Beans – top nachos with a melange of great flavors
- Hot Buffalo Style – this sandwich, of course!
Well, those are just off the top of my head. You can see how easy it is to run with these bold flavors and work them into some of your favorite meals. In a pinch, you can just grab a fork and eat straight from the pouch. Tear, eat, and go!
I do hope you’ll give the Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich a try, though. It’s the ultimate comfort food this time of year — without feeling heavy or unhealthy. It comes together in about ten minutes. Easy-peasy.
Buffalo Tuna Melt Sandwich
- 1 2.6-ounce package albacore tuna StarKist Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- ½ rib celery finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 to 2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Heat a Panini press.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the tuna, celery, and mayonniase. Fold lightly to combine.
- Place bread on a work surface. Pile tuna salad on one slice. Layer on cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- Cook the sandwich in the press until the cheese is melted and the bread toasted. Serve immediately with blue cheese and veggie dippers.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of StarKist. All lip-smacking and drooling are my own.