Enjoy a quick and easy supper packed with protein and good-for-you veggies. This Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables is absolutely delicious!
Are you looking for quick and easy when it comes to dinner prep? Wondering how you can make it simple without making it boring? Looking for something that’s delicious and healthy yet doesn’t taste like cardboard?
I’ve got just the thing for you!
This Shrimp Stir-fry with Vegetables fits all those criteria. It’s fast. It’s super yummy. It’s good for you! I’m not sure what more you could ask for. Except for seconds.
I’ve made this many times over the last month and there are never any leftovers, so make sure you get your seconds if you want them. This dish will get snapped up quickly.
I enjoyed this last month as part of my Whole 30 challenge. It’s a great fit for a range of diets, including gluten-free and dairy-free. You can serve it over rice or noodles if you want to add a hearty side dish. The lemon and Herbed Seasoning Mix add just the right flavors to bring it all together.
I buy frozen shrimp when I find it on sale. I love to be able to grab it from the freezer for a quick meal. When I forget to thaw, sticking the shrimp in a bowl of cold water usually does the trick. I’ve found that there’s a fair amount of discrepancy between frozen shrimp brands. My current favorite is the one from Costco. “Quick” requires that you buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined. Don’t forget!
I love the colors in this dish, thanks to a hearty melange of vegetables. The peppers, zucchini, onions, and mushrooms cook quickly making this a quick fix. I prefer not to cook them too much. Leave them al dente so that you don’t have soggy veg.
Tools I use to make this EASY
- my favorite skillet ever
- Ergo chef cooking tongs
- mesh strainer for rinsing the shrimp
- my IKEA utility knife
- plastic cutting boards
Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper any color, sliced
- 1.5 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 to 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil until shimmering. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring over high heat for about 5 minutes, until the onion has become translucent. Add the zucchini and peppers and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Remove the vegetables to a dish and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the pan. Add the shrimp, and season to taste with the herbed seasoning mix. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan to warm. Squeeze some lemon juice over all and serve.