Stir up a hearty sweet potato hash with brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Eggs nestled in the vegetables bring protein to a tasty, power-packed meal, perfect for a Whole 30.
As the end of the Pantry Challenge nears and FishBoy17 and I gear up for a Whole 30 next month, I’ve been scrolling through pics and recipes that I have on file. I will be posting Whole 30 meal plans and shopping lists in the next week or two in case you’re interested.
I’ve been feeling really rundown and overwhelmed lately, so I’m hoping that by getting my diet in better shape, my mind and body will follow. I’m getting really excited about all the new foods I’ll be bringing in, especially after the Pantry Challenge ends.
As I make up my meal plans for next month, I’m reminded how much I love these hearty vegetable and egg breakfasts. If you haven’t tried vegetables in the morning, I encourage you to give it a try. Super yummy!
I often make my eggs in a skillet on a bed of greens. My Skillet Eggs are one of my favorite things ever.
But one can only eat so much spinach, so here I switch it up and cook the eggs on a bed of sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms. It’s tasty as well as nutritious.
This is a quick 30-minute meal that you can serve any time of the day. It doesn’t have to be for breakfast, though it will give you a boost of nutrient-rich food at the start of the day, if you do break the fast with this eggs and sweet potato hash.
Tools I use for this recipe:
Looking for more bright ideas to get dinner on the table? My latest cookbook is here! And it’s designed just for you to make dinner quickly, easily, and affordably.
You can beat the clock without breaking the bank. And you’ll eat well too.
Eggs and Sweet Potato Hash with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 leek sliced (about 2 cups)
- black pepper
- 4 egg
- In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the potato, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and leek and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spread out the vegetable mixture to create four small wells. Crack an egg into each well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until the desired doneness is reached for the eggs, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.