Breakfast, brunch, or even dinner will be cozy and delicious when you serve up this Ham and Spinach Egg Bake. It’s super easy to pull together in minutes.
Breakfast foods are some of my family’s favorites, particularly egg dishes. Eggs are affordable, packed with protein, and are good stick-to-yer ribs food.
Some days, I just fry or scramble a bunch, but when I don’t feel like being a short order cook or having to come up with side dishes, I like to whip up an egg casserole. Quiches, frittatas, or the ever-American egg bake are great ways to prepare eggs for a crowd.
This Ham and Spinach Egg Bake is a big hit at our house. It comes together in minutes and is packed with protein. Not to mention, it will make you strong like Popeye.
This dish is naturally gluten-free, and the swiss cheese is optional, so you can easily make it dairy-free, paleo, whole30 if that’s your desire. I love the warm little kick that the dish gets from the Cajun Spice Blend. Feel free to add more if your people can handle it.
If you’d like to make this in advance or to freeze, please be sure to cool the onions completely before adding the egg mixture. Once assembled, just wrap and either refrigerate or freeze. Thaw overnight in the fridge or add about 10-15 minutes to the baking time if baking from frozen.
I find that having the right tools on hand makes cooking super quick and efficient.
Tools I use to make this EASY:
- nonstick skillet
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- box grater for cheese
- stainless steel mixing bowls
- Wire whisk
- 9×13 Pyrex pan
Egg Bake with Ham and Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion (½ cup chopped)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz diced ham about ¾ cup
- 1 cup Swiss cheese (shredded) optional
- 12 egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon Cajun Spice Mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it is tender and translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bits of spinach around the bottom of the pan. Layer the ham over the spinach. Sprinkle the onions over the ham. Sprinkle the cheese, if using, over the onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and spice blend. Pour this mixture over the filling in the pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve immediately.