Looking for a quick and easy pasta dish full of flavor? Look no further than this Cilantro Lime Shrimp Pasta that comes together in just 20 minutes.
Quick dinners are the name of the game when you’ve got a busy schedule and want to eat good home cooked meals. It’s really the only way when you think about it, unless you can afford to hire a cook.
Mr. Collins, we are perfectly able to hire a cook.
But, we aren’t all Mrs. Bennet, now, are we? Thank the merciful heavens.
And thankfully, a great meal can come together in just minutes for you, whether you just got my Jane Austen reference or not. No need to stand on ceremony, this dish will have you snapping up marriage proposals, with or without the required 10,000 pound per year.
This cilantro lime shrimp pasta dish gets great flavor from the cilantro and the cumin and a little bit of a kick from the crushed red pepper, however its spice isn’t over the top. It comes together very quickly and easily, particularly when you buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined.
I love the colors in this dish, the vibrant red and green from the tomatoes and cilantro. It’s almost like a salsa. But with shrimp. On pasta.
How to make this cilantro lime shrimp pasta
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp and cook almost until pink. Add the crushed red pepper, ground cumin, and black pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
Squeeze the lime juice all over the shrimp and stir. Add the cilantro and tomato as well as the hot cooked pasta. Stir the pasta into the sauce until well combined.
Serve immediately with Parmesan on the side.
How to make this good and cheap:
Here are some of the strategies you can use to make this cilantro pasta recipe more economical:
- Stock up on ingredients when they are on sale. For instance, when I see a great price on shrimp, I snatch them up and plan my meals around them. Or fill the freezer so that I have it when I want it.
- Compare prices. This year I’m trying my hand at keeping a price book so that I can know a good deal (for sure) when I see it.
How I make this recipe easy:
Having the right kitchen tools can really make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable. Over time, I’ve honed my collection so that they are perfect for my needs. Here are the tools that I use for this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links which provide a means for me to earn fees linking to Amazon and other affiliate sites.
- my favorite skillet ever
- Ergo chef cooking tongs
- mesh strainer for rinsing the shrimp
- my IKEA utility knife
- plastic cutting boards
Cilantro Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 12 oz spaghetti cooked and drained
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp and cook almost until pink. Add the crushed red pepper, ground cumin, and black pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Squeeze the lime juice all over the shrimp and stir. Add the cilantro and tomato as well as the hot cooked pasta. Stir the pasta into the sauce until well combined.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan on the side.
Are you looking for more good cheap eats?
- grab one of my deluxe meal plans
- read through the recipe archives
- check out my cookbooks
- subscribe to my weekly newsletter
- check out my recipes on Life as Mom
- follow my Good Cheap Eats pinboard on Pinterest
- subscribe to the Good Cheap Eats YouTube channel
Originally posted August 26, 2011.