Fresh Basil and Garlic Chive Lasagne

This delicious make ahead beef lasagne is flavored with fresh basil and garlic chives. It comes together easily and is freezer-friendly.

Fresh Basil and Garlic Chive Lasagne

We’ve really enjoyed our first two weeks of fresh produce from the organic co-op we subscribed to. Yum! It’s given me all kinds of motivation to be creative in the kitchen.

The first week I had bundles of garlic chives and basil. Such a luxury to have fresh herbs. I know, they should be easy to grow. But, with six kids and a busy home, my thumbs have turned all brown. So, I’m happy to let someone else do the growing. and watering. and weeding. And I’ll just reap the fruits of their labor.

Easy Lasagne Recipe

One recent creation was this beef lasagne flavored with fresh garlic chives and basil. It was a huge hit with the lasagne lovers at my house. And it was so easy to make!

The best thing is that I can make three or four pans of lasagne at one time. We eat one for dinner and then I stash the other three in the freezer. It doesn’t take that much longer to make more, but we reap the benefits over the next month or two by having a stash to draw from.

Want more tips for freezer cooking? Check out the 31 Days of Freezer Cooking series.

Tools I use for this recipe:

31 days of freezer cooking buttonFor more freezer-friendly advice, check out the 31 Days of Freezer Cooking series.

Comments

1. Sherry Perry says:

Yummo, can’t wait to try! Never heard of garlic chives. Will have to shop around for that.

2. this looks great! i’ve never made lasagna with cream cheese but have heard it’s tasty so i’ll definitely save this recipe. :)

3. My mom grows garlic chives and gave us lots when we lived in Ohio. I agree, yummy!!! :) Your lasagna looks so delicious.

4. kelly thomas says:

Just made this recipe for the first time and it was delicious. Thank you!

5. Are the lasagna noodles the “no boil” kind or the regular noodles?

6. Debbi Loi says:

This is the best lasagna ever!

7. This looks so great, can’t wait to try! Our farmers market has garlic scapes in the spring, but I’ve never seen garlic chives. Any suggestions on how to sub for them if I can’t find them?

8. I love your Lasagna recipe. I have never used cream cheese before only ricotta and cottage cheese. I love the flavor and creaminess that the cream cheese gives. I have been trying it with Eggplant instead of noodles lately (because we have more eggplant that I know what to do with from my garden). My family loves it (escpecially my mother in law). Thank you for great recipes.

• Jessica says:

Thanks for your kind words! Bon appetit! If my family would eat the eggplant, I would totally give that a try. How did you prepare it?

9. Natalie says:

This sounds really delicious! My husband doesn’t like the ricotta and cottage cheese versions of lasagna, so this will be great to try. :) Since this is covered for chilling in the refrigerator, do you keep it covered to bake? Is it covered for just a portion of the bake time? Thanks!

10. Julie Davis says:

Do the uncooked noodles work fine whether baking or freezing first?

11. I’m not sure how I’ve gone this long without trying your lasagne recipe, considering I love your other recipes I’ve tried. This is one delicious dish and the best lasagne I’ve ever made. I used up a bunch of parsley we got in the veggie box and was so glad to have a dish that received the parsley so well. We also used regular green onions, ’cause I didn’t have any chives. Didn’t have the fresh basil either, but it was just fine with the dried basil I had on hand. You sure cooked up a winner when you put this recipe together. So good.

12. Oh and we like our sauce a little sweet, but instead of sugar we used liquid Stevia, 14 drops this time, but next time I think I’ll keep it at 10 like I do for our homemade pasta sauce.

Trackbacks

1. […] Jalapeno Chili with toppings Casserole: Fresh Basil and Garlic Chive Lasagne (add side dish vegetable) Soup: Cheddar Cheese Soup with Zucchini, Broccoli, and Carrots (add […]