Green beans are such an easy side dish! I keep a bag in the freezer for this quick fix dinner dish.
OK, I exaggerate — a little.
But, I do love it when a meal plan comes together in quick fashion without a lot of fuss or prep work. These green beans are one of the major players in that game.
Containing only five ingredients: frozen organic green beans, oil or butter, salt, pepper, and garlic, they take about ten minutes to pull together. While hubs grills the chicken, I can prepare the beans. Since couscous takes only five minutes to prep, it’s a super quick addition to the meal. Potentially, you’ve got a fantastic, frugal mean in less than 15 minutes.
These beans are great hot. But, if you use olive oil, they are fantastic served cold or at room temperature.
Easy Garlic Green Beans
Containing only five ingredients: frozen organic green beans, oil or butter, salt, pepper, and garlic, they take about ten minutes to pull together.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a lid, place the beans and water. Turn the heat to medium high and cover the pan. Allow the beans to steam cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain off any water that remains.
- Push the beans to the side of the pan and add the butter or oil as well as the garlic. Heat, stirring until the butter and garlic are evenly distributed and the beans are hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
What’s on YOUR Plate?
Share with us a recent meal you prepared. Either link it up below or tell us about it in the comments. Please make sure that you link to www.goodcheapeats.com in your post so others know where the dinner party is.
And don’t forget to visit the other good eaters participating today. I’m sure you will be inspired to make all sorts of Good Cheap Eats at your house.