I am a salad girl. I’ve always loved green salads. My great aunts would stand amazed at family reunions as I would plunk myself down in front of the salad bowl. I’d rather eat salad than anything else.
I never get bored because there are so many fun combinations to put together. I have yet to explore them all.
Recently, I put together a combination that was fantastic. I think you ought to try it.
Recipe: Chopped Salad with Avocado and Radish
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, radishes, tomato, green onion, cilantro, avocado, and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil over the top. Toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.