What’s on Your Plate? is designed to be a conversation amongst good eaters. Tell us about a recent meal. Did it meet with rave reviews? Or did it bomb? What side dishes did you pair with the star of the show? Did you try a new ingredient? Find the groceries at great prices?
Share what’s on your plate! Each week a featured foodie* will share his or her plate and then the rest of us will get a chance to link up our own posts or share in the comments what good cheap eats we’ve been enjoying.
What’s on My Plate?
Two of my favorite splurge ingredients are Brie cheese and sundried tomatoes. Usually I buy both at Costco since that store offers the best price on these “gourmet” ingredients. Both flavors pack a lot of punch so you can stretch your ingredients investment over several meals.
This pasta is one of the easiest on the planet to make. It’s an upscale mac and cheese that takes just minutes to prepare.
Recipe: Sundried Tomato and Brie Pasta
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup julienned sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large bowl combine Brie, tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow to rest while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta and immediately add hot pasta to the cheese mixture. Toss to coat and allow cheese to melt. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
- Serve immediately.
What’s on YOUR Plate?
Share with us a recent meal you prepared. Either link it up below or tell us about it in the comments. Please make sure that you link to www.goodcheapeats.com in your post so others know where the dinner party is.
And don’t forget to pop around and visit the other good eaters participating today. I’m sure you will be inspired to make all sorts of Good Cheap Eats at your house.