Time to plan some Good Cheap Eats for the week!
Below you’ll find your custom meal planner. It has loads of functionality that you will be able to explore over the coming days and week. Don’t be intimidated by the learning curve. You’ll be a pro in no time.
Here’s a quick way to get started.
- Click Edit Collections > Add Collection.
- Give your collection a name, such as Meal Plan for 5/31 to 6/6. Then click Stop Editing.
- Now click on Meal Plan for 5/31 to 6/6 to create your meal plan.
- Click Columns & Groups > Edit Groups to set up your week. Create a group for each day that you’re planning meals for. When you’re done, click Stop Editing > Actions.
- Click Add Item > Add from Collection.
- You will have three choices in the dropdown: Search Recipes, Add Custom Recipe, or Add Note. To add a Good Cheap Eats recipe, click Search Recipes.
- Type in a keyword to start searching the Good Cheap Eats database of recipes. For instance, you could type Chicken and a number of chicken recipes will appear. When you find the recipe you want, drag that into the Recipes column under the day of the week it belongs to.
- Continue adding recipes to the Recipes column until your meal plan is complete.
- If you’d like to add notes to the meal plan, select Add Note from the dropdown. Type the wording of your note in the field and then choose a color for your note from the drop down at the bottom. You’ll see the note formatted that you can now drag and drop into the Recipes column.
- If you’d like to add your own recipe to the meal plan, you can choose Add Custom Recipe from the dropdown. Fill in the fields for the recipe and once it is complete, drag it into the Recipes column.
- Once you are done adding recipes or any time you want to edit the groups or remove a recipe, click Actions at the top.
- When the meal plan is complete, click Shopping List. Here you can adjust the servings to suit your needs.
- You’ll notice that the shopping list is divided according to section of the grocery store. There is also a section for Homemade, which includes homemade spice mixes, sauces, and dressings, etc. It’s recommended that you add these recipes to your collection so that you can quickly and easily add the ingredients needed to your shopping list.