Remember that Avocado Salsa I told you about the other day? Well, we had a little leftover that first night. And while avocado doesn’t normally “keep” well, I saved it. It was too good to go to waste and I was already stuffed full of taquitos! I covered it and store it in the fridge until the next morning and then made this “to die for” sandwich. The avocado warmed to a beautiful buttery texture and the spice of the cheese and the salsa offered plenty of kick.
Having a panini grill makes it super easy to whip up hot sandwiches. But, you could always prepare this sandwich like a traditional grilled cheese.
Turkey Avocado Salsa Panini
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices deli sliced turkey breast
- Make the avocado salsa by gently combining the avocado, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the panini grill or griddle. If using a panini grill, place one slice bread on hot surface. Layer cheese, turkey, and several spoonfuls of avocado salsa. Top with second slice of bread. Close grill and cook four minutes. Alternatively, if using a griddle pan, toast sandwich on one side and then flip. Cook until cheese melts.
- Continue until all sandwiches are cooked. Serve immediately.