Trail Mix Cookies take the best of trail mix (dried fruit, nuts, and seeds) and folds it into a super portable and delicious snack cookie.
Trail Mix Cookies
- 1 cup neutral oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup trail mix cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, nuts, pepitas
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flours, salt, soda, and oats. Then, add the trail mix and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until set.
- Cool cookies on a rack.
- Place baked and cooled cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.