I’m not one to order a wrap when I’m out to eat. But over the last year, it’s proven to be a tasty lunch. This Super Secret Sub is great! This week I experimented with what was in the fridge and produced another delicious way to combine tortillas with healthy fillings.
As you know, we’re trying to improve our overall diet by increasing whole grains, reducing fat, and adjusting our processed sugars. Today’s experiment involves whole wheat tortillas, storebought hummus, hard-boiled egg, and whatever veggies I had on hand. The tortilla was a little flimsier than its white flour counterpart, but it was still good.
Spicy Hummus, Egg, and Veggie Wrap
- 4 whole wheat burrito-size tortillas
- ½ cup spicy hummus
- 2 cup shredded lettuce can also use baby spinach
- 2 roasted red bell peppers from a jar chopped
- 4 eggs (hard-cooked) sliced
- 1 oz feta cheese crumbles (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans
- 1 tomato for ¼ cup chopped
- 2 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- Assemble the wraps by laying out the tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus down the center of each tortilla.
- Layer on each tortilla: ½ cup lettuce, ¼ of the chopped pepper, slices of 1 egg, 1 tablespoon feta cheese, 1 tablespoon beans, 1 tablespoon tomatoes and ½ tablespoon green onions.
- Wrap tightly like a burrito. Serve immediately.