Position: Site Editor
Hours: up to 10 hours/month
Location: United States, for tax purposes
Starting date: October 2020
- Well-studied of Good Cheap Eats blog. You need to know our content well and be able to make connections and identify what topics we’ve already covered as well as those that need to be expanded.
- Experienced with WordPress, WP-Recipe Maker, and a SEO research platform (such as SEMrush).
- Comfortable with: CoSchedule, Trello, Google Drive, and Pinterest
- Bonus: Knowledge of WooCommerce would be a huge plus.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Plan (with Jessica): editorial calendar for GCE
- Manage: master spreadsheet of posts
- Edit: proofread and format posts, add affiliate links and relevant promotions, backlink to archives when applicable, optimize posts for SEO
- Write: new content when needed
- Create: meal plans using WP-Recipe Maker
- Coordinate: with Graphic Designer to create new pins
- Pin: new content to Pinterest
- Brainstorm: I’m an idea person, and I’d love to hear yours.
- Logistics: I need someone who is efficient and relishes organization, details, and planning to a timeline.
- Communicate: We’ll do much of the work online, which means clear communication is a must. We will use Google Drive, Trello, and text/email on a regular basis to keep each other up to date on what needs to be done, when, and by whom.
If this describes you, please complete this form. I will be in touch.
In 2021 we will likely be looking for a site editor for Life as Mom as well. If you think that might be you, please let us know.