If you have leftover pound cake for an earlier dessert — or a cake pop activity, save the scraps. They will make a delicious sweet dish when coupled with whipped cream and fresh fruit. What a fine thing it is!
Red, White, and Blue Trifle
- 1 cup fresh sweet cherries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 8 slices poundcake or other favorite cake, cut into cubes
- 3 cup whipped cream
- Reserve 4 cherries for the garnish. Pit and halve the rest.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Stir gently to combine.
- Lay out four large ramekin dishes.
- Cover the bottom of each dish with cake cubes. Layer on 1/2 c berries. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Repeat the layers, ending with whipped cream. Garnish each with a cherry.
- Chill until ready to serve.