Salad with Chicken, Oranges, Feta, and Almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp favorite seasoning blend such as FishMama Spice Mix
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 6-ounce package baby greens
- 4 orange peel and pith cut away and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbles (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken pieces and season with the spice mix to taste. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, about ten minutes. Remove to a cutting board and cool slightly. Chop roughly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the dressing between four small containers if packing the salad to go.
- Divide the greens among four dinner plates, or if packing for take-away, into four dishes with lids.
- Divide the chicken, orange slices, sliced onion, feta cheese crumbles, and sliced almonds in layers atop the greens.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve the dressing on the side.