How to make your favorite meals meatless
Remove the meat.
This works really well in casseroles and dishes where the meat might already be serving as a condiment rather than a star player.
- Omit the bacon from the Potato soup.
- Make the overnight casserole without ham or chicken.
- Make the pizza cheese only.
Replace the meat.
There are lots of recipes where you can simply substitute beans, eggs, cheese, tofu, or tempeh for the meat.
- Replace the ground beef with black beans in Lawnmower Taco.
- Have an egg in your Asian bowl instead of chicken.
- Put boiled and crumbled tempeh in place of the ground beef in the Quick Sauce for Meats.