Juicy, late summer peaches make a fabulous foil for smoked turkey breast, Asiago cheese and salad greens.
If you like to eat seasonal, this may be your last chance for peaches. We have had our fair share this summer. I was sick of them at one point. And now I kinda miss them.
Isn’t that just like fickle me?
You’ll love this salad if you’ve got late summer peaches on hand. But, since fruit is so forgiving and versatile when it comes to salads, know that you could trade the peaches for plums, apples, pears, or grapes. It’s all good!
Summer Salad with Turkey & Peaches
- 6 oz baby greens
- 8 oz turkey (cooked and cubed)
- 2 peaches sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , toasted
- 2 oz Asiago cheese shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Divide the greens among four dinner plates. Layer 2 ounces of turkey, 1/2 peach, some onion slices, 1 tablespoon almonds, and a sprinkling of cheese onto each salad.
- Serve the salads with the vinaigrette on the side.