I love to eat salads. Salad is my go-to lunch. And as the season changes, so does my mood. It might be a traditional chicken salad. Or a fish taco salad. Or it might be like this one, a bed of greens with all sorts of good stuff on top.
This salad holds all kinds of seasonal flavors like apples and cranberries. Chicken and cheddar add to the party.
Harvest Salad with Chicken, Apples, and Cheddar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- black pepper
- 1 6-ounce package baby greens
- 2 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 apple cored and diced
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook, about 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting surface and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide the salad greens among four plates. Divide the chicken, cheddar cheese, cranberries, apples, onions, and almonds among the four plates.
- In a small jar place the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to blend well. Serve the dressing alongside the salads.