These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti are easy to prepare yet seem so elegant. Bake a batch for now and freeze a batch for later.
As you know, our freezer is bursting with Christmas cookies. Every few days I pull out a box and we munch to our heart’s content. The kids and I had a great time baking a few weeks ago.
My kids love baking Christmas cookies and in years past, I’ve put it off and felt guilty about it. It’s amazing how much stress that took off me to get all the baking done ahead of time.
Since FishChick2 was diagnosed with allergies to egg whites and nuts, we’ve made some changes in our baking. Not all of the recipes I used were egg free, but we’re going toward a nut-free household. Just for sanity’s sake. (pun intended)
Anyway, one of my husband’s favorite cookies is Biscotti. So, we made Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti
I took my Chocolate Almond Biscotti recipe and tweaked it, ever so slightly. When I pull these babies from the freezer, we might just drizzle them with chocolate, just for fun. Bwahaha!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 3 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat mat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and extract with hand mixer. Blend in sugar. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix to blend. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into one long log down the center of parchment. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Leave oven set to 300°. Wait 5-10 minutes, then slice large cookie log crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place slices on cookie sheets and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn cookie slices over and bake another 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.