Black Bean Lasagna
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion chopped for 1/2 cup
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color) chopped for 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked and drained according to package directions
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded) (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mash one can of black beans beans and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Add both the mashed and whole beans, tomato sauce, cilantro, and pepper. Heat through and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream.
- In the prepared pan, layer 1/4 sauce, 1/3 noodles, and 1/3 cheese mixture. Repeat the layers in typical lasagna fashion, ending with sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake in the 350° oven covered with foil for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.