Pantry Challenge 2018: Day 5

The Pantry Challenge is on! This month we’re focusing on what we have, to use it up and save money.

Thanks for all your well wishes on my cold. I think the worst is over, let’s hope it doesn’t linger. I hate it when it does that. That’s the good news. The bad news is that my elder daughter is down now. Should be a fun month as the cooties make the rounds. Sigh.

In other news, we are pretty well today. Before she started feeling poorly, FishChick 11 made pancakes for all the kids. We love the Yogurt Pancakes recipe from the Good Cheap Eats cookbook

Since I’m trying to lose some excess weight, I’m trying to hold off the carbs, so I had Skillet Eggs instead. Lunch was leftovers for some of us; leftovers for others.

Dinner was really yummy, but apparently I didn’t make enough. Bryan and at least three kids said they were still hungry, so they grabbed a hodgepodge from the cupboards and fridge. I guess I will need to beef up my efforts tomorrow.

If you read the comments from yesterday’s post, you know that we’ve been discussing the possible romaine lettuce/E.coli outbreak. I’m torn as to what to do with the two heads, box of spring mix, and chopped salad mix I have in the fridge. The CDC hasn’t made an official recall, but this article certainly sounds alarming. Another article I read said that since the last confirmed illness was almost a month ago, that the contaminated product is likely off the shelves by now. But, of course, begs the question if it’s in my fridge. Ahem. Likely, I will take the spring mix back to ALDI and cut my losses on the other two items whose cost is about a dollar each.

Pantry Challenge 2018: Day 5

Breakfast: Kids had pancakes; I had Skillet Eggs; FishBoy17 added some sausage and had Skillet Eggs as well.

Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches and Deli Meat Sandwiches for the kids; I had a leftover Asian Bowl. Brown baggers took leftovers.

Dinner: Fish baked in foil, served with Remoulade Tartar SauceEasy Roast PotatoesCabbage Slaw with Apples and Almonds

As always, thanks for sharing the Pantry Challenge with your friends. The more the merrier!

What did YOU cook up?

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. Fri
    B – eggs, sausage from freezer
    L – he had the l/o burrito bowl from last night, I had pizza at a work function
    D – pork tenderloin from freezer, small sweet potatoes collected from garden harvest, l/o pesto pasta noodles (only a few bites so I didn’t worry about the double carbs), kale salad

2. Sarah Gallop says:

January 5

Breakfast:sausage and English muffin and coffee for me. Hubs woke up late and skipped straight to lunch

Lunch: out for work for me, hm chicken noodle soup and a ham sandwich for hubs.

Dinner: what we lovingly call “Meat Rice.” What the rest of the world calls Korean Beef. We make it with ground pork and served it over brown Minute Rice and peas tonight, cuz were cool like that!

3. Glad to hear you’re feeling better but sorry your daughter is now under the weather.
    Jan 5th
    Breakfast– he had his oatmeal, bagel and yogurand i had my pb toast.
    Lunch– he took some of the leftover egg dish from last night and a toasted sandwich thin. I skipped.
    Dinner –We each had a slice of meatloaf and half of a small BBQ pork chop from the freezer. He had a baked sweet potato and I had a b b russet. I also got broccoli and cauliflower from the freezer.
    I also made beef barley soup for tomorrow. I used a jar of broth, beef, celery, onion, carrot, peas and the l/o gravy from Sunday from the freezer.

Friday, January 5

B – Paul had cereal; I had scrambled eggs, whole wheat English muffin, 1/2 banana and V8

L – Paul had two sloppy joes on whole wheat buns with French fries; I had a chicken burger on whole wheat bun, an apple, and V8 (I made the sloppy joes a few weeks ago and separated it into small freezer bags; I have a little left from the bag for tomorrow for lunch and 1 small bag (2 servings) left in the freezer so I was able to get two of the three bags of this out of the freezer

D – Paul worked from home today and by the time he was done, we had to take our cat to the vet for shots and then stop at the grocery store for some things I needed for the next few upcoming meals. But since we didn’t get home till 6:30, it seemed too late to bother cooking so we ordered some Chinese take out.

As far at the romaine lettuce, New Jersey doesn’t seem to be one of the states with the E-coli problem but New York is and that’s close enough for me so I didn’t hesitate at all, I chucked the romaine that we have and didn’t look back.

5. Laurie in CA says:

1/5/18 Travel Day!
    B – grapes and bananas from the Inn’s breakfast basket. I bagged up the muffins, bagels and apples to take home since hubs went to the bakery for cinnamon rolls. We each had a cold hard boiled egg
    L – fish tacos for me and clam chowder for hubs at our favorite seaside restaurant before we hit the road
    D – hubs had a protein shake and I had an almond butter and olallaberry jam sandwich and raw veggies

6. 1/5/2018- Its a slow start on this challenge for me us with the kids still on break and being out of the house most of the days this week….
    B- coffee, homemade yogurt & granola, kids had cereal.
    L- soup @ lunch mtg, kids ate out
    D- pizza & pressed juice from our local farmers market.
    Des- ice cream

7. Kathy in Denmark says:

Day 5:

B: Oats and milk for DH. Oatmeal and milk for DD1 and DD2. HM roll with brie cheese and coffee for me.
    L: DH skips lunch and leaves work early on Fridays. Packed lunch for DD1. Rye bread with fish or leftover roast for DD2 and me. Carrots on the side.
    D: Rye porridge and milk for the kids. Bean nachos for the adults after the kids were in bed.
    S: Carrots, bananas, cookies, crisps from NYE.

I finally made bread, so we have enough for meals troughout the weekend. I used the apple sauce I made to flavour both the oatmeal and the rye porridge. I also put in a little knob of butter and some cream when serving. They gobbled it up 🙂

I find it has been really hard for all of us to get back in the routine after the holidays, which is why I have been feeding the kids first and the DH and I have eaten later. I really do prefer if we all sit down to a eat together, so I hope to make that happen more next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Rye porridge with applesauce, cream and butter! Sounds yummy. I’ve been known to eat oats or wheat porridge with just butter and salt. ( I might be a bit odd that way.)

It can take a bit of time to get back to normal after the holidays, especially with younger kids. I think you are wise to take a bit of time, gradual adjustments can be easier and work better I think.

Thanks for participating, I do so enjoy hearing from you.

• Kathy in Denmark says:

Thank you for the encouragement, Alice E!

I am actually not a big fan of porridge myself. I don’t like the texture of porridge in combination with sweetness and it being served warm. I do enjoy eating risotto, which is warm and savoury, so maybe I should try oatmeal with salt and butter – it might actually be something I like!

We managed to eat as a family both Saturday and Sunday evening, so we are getting there 🙂

8. Terry calkins says:

Breakfast. He had eggs, hash browns and a blueberry muffin. I had red beans and rice
    Lunch was baked chicken and stuffing
    Dinner was chicken roll-up and pumpkin custard
    Fed the stale cornbread and the last of the macaroni salad to the chickens
    Veggies are all gone now except carrots and enough lettace for a single serve salad.

9. Friday January 5th

B – fruit and yogurt for hubby + an english muffin, yogurt and a English muffin w/ cream cheese for me

L – hubby was out for the day, git something? from a coffee shop, I finished the roast beef in a salad

S – chilli (from the freezer)

So far all i have spent is $3.70 on OJ and bananas!!

10. Stephanie says:

My eating is still completely off from the holidays. I need to make improvements.

B: coffee and a bite of cake for me.
    Blackberries for Kid
    Not sure for kid 1 and husband

L: lo soup and blackberries for me

D: pizza. It’s always pizza night on Fridays. Also made the last of the cheese sticks.

My stomach feels awful today but I’m certain it’s from a week of gross eating.

11. Friday 1/5

Breakfast – Cookies and coffee

Lunch – Crackers & cheese

Dinner – Spinach orzo soup with chicken

Hubby has been sick all day so very light meals. Won’t be using up much this week. Afraid he has the same “yuck” as every one except Granddaughter #4 and I have had, so far.

Sorry to hear your hubby is not feeling well Mona. Does he have a cold?

• He has the flu that is going around and lasts for about a week. He started feeling bad on Thursday but yesterday, the man who doesn’t sit down until dinner, didn’t do any thing but take 2 naps and sat on the couch with his feet up. This is the first he has been sick in years so neither of us knew how to act yesterday. Its mostly severe body aches, headaches, chills, nasty cough and no energy, some have said they have thrown up so from what every one told us and he has all of the above except the vomiting. From what every one else has had it is lasting a week or longer and some had to gets meds before they could kick it. Our realtor stopped yesterday to have him sign papers, since he wasn’t going any where, and said she was on her last day of meds and still didn’t feel good but I know from our family it seems that once they have finished the meds is when they start to be human again and the coughing stops. So we will take it one day at a time and keep our fingers crossed he is feeling better soon. Yesterday he went downstairs to put wood in the wood burner and didn’t come up for a while so I went to check on him and he was sitting in front of the burner, said he couldn’t get warm even in front of it, meanwhile I was melting. Hopefully, he will be up and moving in a few days because neither of us knows how to act with him just sitting or laying around.

• My husband is rarely sick also, so I know what you mean. That can’t get warm enough is a sign of fever which can sound scary but is the bodies way of fighting infection and not dangerous unless it gets too high. Do encourage him to drink lots and lots of liquids. It helped me immensely when I realized I needed to push it harder. Gatorade helped for me, I like the lemon-lime one cold and on ice with some OJ mixed in. It soothed the throat better than plain water and the flavor helped me drink more. Honey can help the cough, too. Also, cold and cough meds work best with extra liquids, I don’t know if they dehydrate you or what, but I know it is important to keep the mucus thin. (Says the lady who once wound up in the hospital on oxygen and breathing treatments when the mucus got too thick. we live and learn.)

Hope he is better soon.

• Thank you Alice for the great idea of adding OJ with the Gatorade. I am trying to make sure he is drinking since I don’t want him to get dehydrated. He has been drinking tea with honey and taking cold & cough meds which he never does unless he is really sick and he started taking it the first night he felt it coming on. I knew he was sick when he did that. I am a big water drinker and he makes fun of me “always having my glass with me” but I don’t drink any thing else but coffee and I have to usually remind him to drink water
            I am so sorry to hear about your hospitalization but I do know that dehydration is a nasty thing. And I totally agree we must live and learn. Thank you again and stay healthy!

Oh the flu. Awful. Paul and I have been getting flu shots for the last several years and so far so good. But I know what you mean when you say that neither one of you knows what to do when he’s sick. I know when Paul is sick, (rare as well) he sleeps it off and that could mean days depending on the problem. When I get sick, I’m home alone and if I feel awful enough, I will rest but otherwise I try to keep up with what I usually do to the best of my ability and he will help me when he gets home. Anyway, hope he feels better very soon.

• Unfortunately Stephanie the flu that is going around, the shots aren’t helping. That is what is so bad, you get a shot but then its a different strain so the shot isn’t doing any good.

• Flu shot was 10% effective this year , unfortunately .

• So sorry to hear he’s ill. The crud going around right now is pretty awful. Neither of us gets sick very often either, and he got sick for a few days around Christmas. It was rough for him since he’s not used to being ill, but was nowhere near as terrible as others had. I had some sneezing and some congestion but thankfully didn’t get any worse than that. We are both really hoping that we’ve escaped anything further. As you said, it is disconcerting when one gets sick when one is unaccustomed to it, so I hope he recovers quickly.

• Thank you Sandi, that’s what is so funny, I am usually the one that gets knock down with the bug and so far like you I have the sneezing and congestion but can keep on going,with a tissue in my pocket. lol Hoping today will be a bit better but I guess we have a lot of winter to get through yet. Got up to -10 this am so hoping its cold enough to kill all the nasty bugs going around.

12. Laura in NH says:

A pretty normal day all around for us yesterday. I was out of the house for most of morning but kids and husband were home and ate some thing for breakfast (?!) I had some egg salad with celery when I got home. Lunch was leftover tomato soup and grilled cheese, LO ratatouille with garlic bread, LO egg salad sandwiches. Kids had cupcakes for snack ? dinner was HM pizza and crudités with ranch.

I made a big batch of granola that used up the last of some sprouted cereal I had, amongst other things. I will try to make some snack bars and/or tea cookies or muffins this weekend as well. And probably biscuits to have with the endless soup we’ve been eating. Tonight will be minestrone or broccoli cheese soup since the roasting chicken is still frozen solid.

Hope everyone gets well or stays well this weekend!!

13. Everyone home from school today due to the temps.. The highest the temp got was 12* but with the winds.. it never left the negative range of feeling…

B- Coffee for sure.. I believe I had some cold cereal.. 2 kids made eggs… hubby a bagel.. daughter woke up for lunch! lol

L- I took the night befores leftover beefy marinara and turned it into a pot of beefy bean chili.. Well….. Everyone decided to make that their lunch when I left it cooling.. I managed to put a 3 serving container full into the freezer and a pint jar full.. But Husband did announce I made “WIFE OF THE YEAR” for having that made for lunch.. Oh.. ok!

D- I decided on the pizza route…. Made a homemade dough with half wheat pastry flour- Homemade alfredo using a carton of shelf stable whipping cream, butter, lots o garlic and grated parm… Used a bag of diced chicken breast I had put up for stir fry night… A bag of frozen cauliflower and the last of a bag of frozen broccoli..
    I was patting myself on the back last night.. it was the best alfredo I have ever made! I think I need to up my garlic all the time!

Kids finished the cake from the night before as snack…
    used a brick of cream cheese, toasted and chopped almonds and mixed it all together with local honey to make a spread for the last bag of bagels in the pantry…

Today is to be just as cold.. WE MUST LEAVE THIS HOUSE though…

• That pizza you created sounds delicious!

And thanks for the idea to make a cream cheese spread. I might use half a block with honey/almonds and the other half with herbs. Hmmm……. I’m a Panera member and get a free bagel every day this month if I go in.

Sounds like you really made the best of things today! Yummy food!It is so bitter cold, and I just can hardly wait until Monday when it starts to warm up for real around here. We were just delayed for school opening, but I’ll take it! 🙂

14. RE the Romaine lettuce thing…if someone came to you can said, “I’m going to give your entire family food poisoning unless you pay me $5,” would you pay it?

15. I took a large pork roast out of the freezer to thaw so I can see a bit more white space. Next weekend I’ll take out that big turkey breast…..
    1/5
    Breakfast-eggs with vegetables (sautéed mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, in olive oil -with eggs scrambled in), topped with feta
    Lunch-finished off the ham salad with crackers
    Dinner- at a friend’s house who is a wonderful cook-barbequed steak, red potatoes, asparagus, salad, and good wine.

• Laura in NH says:

It always feels so good to take something big out of the freezer!!! The catch is that I often end up refilling some of that space with cooked leftovers!

• I know the feeling, but I console myself with the thought that cooked leftovers can be very useful and quicker and easier to fix than the big something.

• Laura in NH says:

Yes! You are so right!!

• absolutely agree!

• Laura and Alice–Now that we are a 2 person household I have found that having food already cooked for the week is the way to go.. Last year it was freezer meals while we were doing foster care. Now that it is just the two of us I fix a couple of different meats and 4 or 5 sides and we are pretty much set for dinners. Plus I can put all of his lunches together for the week and he can grab a container from the freezer each day. He has insulin dependent diabetes and needs to eat at regular times.

16. Lynn from NC Outer Banks says:

1/5

B: boiled egg, coffee

L: African peanut soup

D: Teriyaki chicken thighs, green beans, acorn squash and fruit salad

Stay warm everyone!

17. B: Hard boiled eggs, oranges
    L: Spinach salad, blackberries, blueberries, cheese, nuts
    D: LO spaghetti & meatballs and LO ham and potato soup

I can feel the cold coming on. Sigh. Time to start pushing the fluids and vitamin C.

• I recently read and promptly implemented… Take your Vitamin C Supplements with a Zinc Supplement. Apparently a majority of people are deficient in this and the boost helps fight the viruses. I have the kids and I take 1 of each every day… Not sure if it actually helps or if we have just been lucky!

.Feel Better

18. Joa in IA says:

1/5

B- Me chocolate protein shake, tea. Hubby oatmeal. The boys had a late start for school not sure what they had.

L- Me work bought lunch had chicken tender basket from Applebee’s. Hubby protein shake. Boys came for lunch and had frozen pizza.

Supper #2 son’s birthday (turned 17). We were planning to go out for dinner but he really wanted to go to a basketball game with friends. So he ate pizza at the game. Since we were planning on doing something I had nothing planned to make. So the rest of us did Chinese take out. Saturday night I think we are planning to go out for dinner with him and finally eat his Dairy Queen ice cream cake.

My hubby and #2 son have January birthday’s. Since January is usually a cold month here in IA we can’t do much for fun outdoors so they get ice cream cakes for something special.

Not sure how much we will use this weekend since eating out more than I planned.

19. About the Lettuce thing, Here’s my two cents worth I should have added sooner. Lettuce will be safe if you cook it instead of throw it out! I know you don’t usually cook lettuce but you can, I promise you. I have done so and it made a great base for soup when cooked up in chicken broth and then pureed. I do suggest you chop it pretty small if not planning to puree it or discard it with the rest of the bones, etc. when making stock. I did cook up a batch of leftover salad from a volunteer lunch that was past its prime and they were going to throw out. I hate to waste food, although I have thrown away stuff not safe to eat. I just try not to have to do so. I had seen mention of adding leftover lettuce to soup on a Jacques Pepin cooking show on PBS, and decades ago had enjoyed shredded lettuce when fried Tempura style by a Japanese co-worker at a steak house, so I was pretty sure it would work when I said I would take the lettuce home.

Now, I’ll get off my soapbox.

Yesterday was a clean out the frig type of day, except for breakfast combined with a bit of touchy tummy for me so a bit odd, maybe.

B – Usual baked eggs, WW toast and Hot tea
    L – He takes PB sandwich, always, and I had leftover Mashed potatoes from freezer.
    S – He had leftovers from frig, rot chicken, slaw, black eyed pea salad, and baked himself a sweet potato. I had a can of chicken vegetable soup from the pantry. I try to have several cans for when I don’t feel well and don’t have soup in the freezer.

Glad you are better, Jessica, hope the daughter has a light case.

20. Danielle L Zecher says:

1/5/18:
    Breakfast: I met a coworker at Starbucks for an informal work meeting. I used a Christmas gift card, so I’m counting it as free. Hubby ate at work.

Lunch: I had leftover potato soup and beer bread. Hubby didn’t have time for a real lunch, so got fast food.

Dinner: Eggplant Parmesan. I used the last of the leftover meatloaf in the sauce. I had planned to use the eggplant for baba ganoush for a snacky dinner on New Year’s Eve, but that didn’t happen, so it really needed to be used up. It was a good PC dinner. Honestly, the meatloaf would most likely have been thrown away normally, since it wasn’t enough for dinner for both of us. And I used the eggplant just in time. It was my first time making Eggplant Parmesan, and I was pretty happy with how it came out.

As far as the romaine, we didn’t have any to throw out. I’m going to hold off on buying any until there’s more information as to what happened. NC doesn’t seem to have any confirmed cases, but I’m not sure that necessarily means there haven’t been any. The article my M-I-L sent me quoted a produce spokesperson as saying that romaine is highly perishable and the infected lettuce is probably not in the grocery stores now. I agree with that, but they don’t know how it got infected. If it was something involving shipping or processing, I don’t think the lettuce that’s available to buy right now is necessarily safe. Just my opinion. I tend to be more susceptible than some to food related illnesses, so I’m choosing not to risk it. Hubby agrees, and said that when he went to Wendy’s yesterday they didn’t have any salads available due to the romaine issues.

21. Laurie Decker says:

day 5 1/5/18
    B- oatmeal with 1/2&1/2 for both of us
    L- Chicken soup again for Hubs. Like I said, he’ll eat quarts of my homemade soup before winter is over. I had a salad and a few crackers
    D- I found a package of ground beef in the freezer so we had hamburgers, salad and a half of can of beans that I had stashed in the freezer awhile back. I have a food saver so the ground beef was like fresh from the butcher.
    The ham needs to be picked from the ham bones and with the beans I started soaking yesterday and made into ham and bean soup.

22. We’ve had no ill effects from the salad we all ate yesterday, so the fresh head of romaine I used must have been fine. Sure glad for that. 🙂

Fri. 1/5/18

B: Cereal w/ blueberries, toast (hm “breakfast bread”–white bread w/ added ground flax, cinnamon, and dried cranberries), OJ, and coffee.

L: Taco salad (LO taco meat), quesadillas, and tangerines.

D: HM minestrone, salad, and hm rosemary focaccia.

S/D: gingersnaps, Christmas chocolate

Doing well so far on my goal of eating more homemade soups (split pea and minestrone so far). Also doing pretty well in terms of “eating a rainbow.” Stepped on the scale for the first time in ages. Ooops. Weight has crept up a bit so I need to be more intentional re: portion sizes, filling up on produce, etc. Also, our goal of eating out less should help in this regard. Getting rid of the holiday treats should help too. 😉

23. Melissa in GA says:

January 5th

B – guys had eggs, sausage & toast, I had the last piece of cheese bread w/a piece of sausage & some pineapple
    L – hubs had chicken salad on toast, my daughter and I had salads and dad had some cut up veggies
    D – Pizza Hut carry out – half price online orders
    Dessert/snacks – banana bread, pineapple, ice cream & chocolate (everyone had something different)

Daughter is visiting for a couple days. She leaves for an Americorps tour in NOLA soon so came to see us for the weekend.

The flu really is going around. We know of entire families who have come down with it. Yikes! Makes me want to stay home and hide.

Stay healthy and warm everyone!

Melissa in GA

24. Terry calkins says:

First thing this morning I grabbed some ham slices from the freezer. Cooked one small piece for hubby to have with his breakfast of ggs, hash browns and pumpkin muffins I made in the microwave this morning.
    Took two packages of beans from the freezer, added to some stock and half a leftover onion and made some bean soup.
    Took a non food item back to the store for refund.21.19. I spent 14.03 on groceries so I’m calling it a wash, and not writing down anything.
    Cooked a dozen eggs. Used one, plus the last of the lettace and a piece of cooked chicken to make my lunch salad. Next I will make some egg salad using up the last of the ranch dip.

25. I am thankful that our garden is still producing lettuce so we have no bought any in quite a while. Even with a week of hard freezes and 3 inches of snow it is still hanging in there. It is also one less thing that I need to spend grocery money on.

Sorry to hear that so many of you are dealing with sickness. It makes me want to double up on my elderberry syrup to ward off any germs.

I am hanging in there with the pantry challenge. I sat down today to make a menu for next week. I need to buy a few groceries, but I am good for the most part.

26. It was a good day. Most of us were gone for lunch, but a couple of us brown bagged it. Dinner was homemade pizza and lots of fruit. Meals for the next few days are planned from the freezer, which is good because we have an extra refrigerator in the garage and the freezer isn’t working properly. We think it’s so cold outside that it’s affecting the freezer. It’s only getting down to about 19 degrees, so I’m emptying it into the others. I just need to stay focused this week on leftovers and produce…really trying to minimize waste.

• I think turning our house heat down to 45 while we were away a few days affected our freezer. Garage freezer has been fine with sub zero actual temps, though.

27. Saturday –

Got lots of food prep done in the kitchen today…

Had leftover cornbread and cut them into cubes, dried them out in the oven for cornbread croutons.

Used pizza dough from the freezer, along with small amount of canned spinach (also evicted from the freezer) and homemade frozen ricotta cheese to make a Stomboli for Meatless Monday night’s dinner. I had extra dough so I made a tiny calzone for lunch! 🙂

Breakfast – oatmeal

Lunch – mini calzone

Dinner – We ate dinner out tonight.

28. January 6-Day 3 of me and kids staying home. Today’s high was 22. Snow/ice has not melted at all. Tomorrow is supposed to be 28 so I am thinking kids will not go back to school til Tuesday. Supposed to get up to 60 by next Friday. VA weather is crazy!

Bfast- canned biscuits close to expiration date, last of bacon
    Lunch- Me- beef and bean burrito from freezer, last of jar of salsa/chips, Kid-leftover beef and last of smiley fries
    Dinner- Turkey and wild rice casserole. Using thanksgiving turkey from freezer, only one pack left.
    Made carmelitas- used up a jar of caramel sauce from pantry but really made them cause I love to bake when stuck at home for days 🙂

29. Day 5, January 5th
    Breakfast : coffee, avocado toast and mandarin orange; hubby: Basic 4, oj & coffee
    Lunch: quinoa & brown rice, green beans and 1/2 honey crisp apple; hubby: leftover potato soup & turkey sandwich
    Dinner: Italian sausage, green pepper, onion stir fry w/pasta, pinepple spears + glass of wine
    Dessert: Christmas candy ?

30. Day 5
    Breakfast : coffee, avocado toast and mandarin orange; hubby had Basic 4 cereal, oj and coffee
    Lunch: quinoa & brown rice, green beans & 1/2 honey crisp apple, hubby had a roast turkey sandwich & a banana
    Dinner: a glass of wine, Italian sausage, pepper, onion stir fry w/bow tie pasta, pineapple spears
    Dessert: Christmas candy

So far we have been eating holiday leftovers and from the freezer, fridge and the pantry!

31. Kathy from Ohio says:

Day 5
    B- me yogurt string cheese orange, hubs English muffin orange
    L. Me sweet potato last one hubs l/o chicken and noodles
    D cube steak and gravy mashed potatoes hubs corn me cauliflower casserole

Day6
    B coffee Oatmeal Toast both
    L Rye bread corned beef swiss cheese sauerkraut both hubs chips
    D past meat balls and sauce salad with lettuce carrots and spinach, croutons from l/o bread and buns garlic bread from freezer

Day7

Coffee both toast with pb me hubs none
    L out White castle after Dr Appt
    D pork chops freezer l/o noodles l/o cauliflower casserole me peas freezer hubs