Pantry Challenge 2018: Day 24

The Pantry Challenge is on! This month we’re focusing on what we have, to use it up and save money.

It’s a good day when you’ve got homemade bread all sliced and ready to go as well as dough for two more loaves to bake off. How about we top if off with a lovely batch of home-cultured buttermilk? Booyah!

Slowly but surely, this nightly meal prep thing is working out. I set the bread dough in the fridge to slow rise overnight. It doesn’t end up rising as high as freshly made dough, but it’s doable. Plus, the kids have freshly baked bread for breakfast and lunch.

My plan from yesterday to cook rice for tonight’s Vegetable Fried Rice worked really well until my daughter burned herself and dropped most of the rice on the floor. I’m thankful that her burn wasn’t serious, and rice is cheap. The kids had a half batch of rice for dinner and then I made fresh rice and a Chicken Green Bean Stir-fry.

Bryan and I had a date night, so we ate out. All in all, it was a good day.

Pantry Challenge 2018: Day 24

Breakfast: Eggs and Toast, Fresh Berries

Lunch: Sandwiches, Tuna Macaroni Salad

Dinner: Chicken-Green Bean Stir-fry, Rice, Vegetable Fried Rice

As always, thanks for sharing the Pantry Challenge with your friends. The more the merrier!

What did YOU cook up?

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. Kathy in Denmark says:

Day 24
    B: Oats and milk for DH. Rolls and milk/juice for kids. Roll and coffee for me
    L: Packed lunch for DH. Rye bread with apple sauce for kids. Last of the leftover soup for me.
    D: “Hakkebøf”, basically hamburger patties which are pan fried. Boiled potatoes and carrots, Knorr béarnaise.
    S: Apples, bananas, “pebernødder” ( a special Danish cookie).

DD1 is still sick and I am not feeling completely well either. DD2 is still fairly angry (to put it mildly) with DH and I for not letting her have her soother, which means long evenings of trying to get her to sleep and her waking up at ungodly hours and then pretty much refusing to go back to sleep. On top of this, she has decided she no longer wants to nap in the middle of the day, so my daily break is gone. It is getting better every day, but right now it’s a bit like pulling teeth…..
    Consequently, I am not really planning any meals because I don’t really know how my day will go. At least everyone is fed and I am not ordering takeout.

• Kathy in Denmark says:

I forgot to add that I fried up a vegetarian cutlet for DH, since he doesn’t eat meat 🙂

• Tasty says:

Good luck getting rid of the soother, Kathy! Not fun.

• Stephanie P says:

Good luck on the soother! My son never had one, and my daughter is obsessed with hers. I am selfish enough and tired enough from working so many hours, and I’m the only one home with her at night, that I haven’t fought it yet. She only gets it at night luckily, but she goes to sleep in a minute or less and doesn’t cry, so I’ve let it go.
      She’s 2 1/2 though so I know it needs to go soon. I feel your pain!

• Kathy in Denmark says:

Our oldest no longer wanted hers when she was around 7 months, so we didn’t have this issue with her. Our youngest har been really fond of her soother, just like your todler. We have also limited the use to when she was sleeping or if she fell and hurt herself, but she really has needed it to fal asleep.
        Lately, she has been waking up everytime she lost it during the night, so I have had to get out of bed 3-4 times each night (she won’t let DH tuck her in). That has been a contributor to our decision to remove it now. After this rough patch I hope she will sleep trough the night, so we can all have a little more rest. We need it!

I completely understand why you let her have the soother for now. You need your sleep, especially when you have to go to work in the morning. If we both worked, I think we would have waited until a holiday to wean her. You have to do what works best for you.

OH gosh, the joys of parenting. My daughter was obsessed with her soother from the minute she was born- a strong need for self-soothing. She’s now 21 and I see why she so needed it. She also had her blanket she refused to sleep without until around age 11. Given her psychological makeup, and knowing what we know now, it all makes so much sense why she needed them. Funny how retrospect can really explain things. She didn’t successfully give up her soother until age 4, btw. My 16yo son has never had the same need for soothing objects. And he has a much easier going, relaxed personality. Sending you hugs right now, Kathy, and wishing I could send you more sleep! 🙂

• Kathy in Denmark says:

I think it really does have a lot to do with personality. Our youngest has a BIG personality for sure and can have a hard time winding down. I think the soother has helped her with that!
        When our oldest let go of her soother, I actually think it was because she was teething and the soother didn’t feel right. She then really only wanted to be held by me, which is understandable when she no longer had her soother. After a while I decided to tuck her in with a t-shirt that I had worn, so she could still smell mummy. It worked, and she still sleeps with one of my t-shirts now 🙂
        I have tried the same trick with our todler, and when she had her soother she gave me back the shirt 😀 But now she has actually kept it in her bed. We are seeing progress every day, so I am hopeful she will soon settle into her new routine.

Thanks for the hugs 🙂

2. Janet says:

Day 24
    B: Cereal, eggs, milk
    L: Left over rigatoni from dinner last night, tossed salad
    D: Hamburgers and since I did not have any buns or bread I served with mashed potatoes, which the kids approved of

I had hoped to make it to the end of the month without going to the store again, but we were down to 1 roll of toilet paper. In order not to be tempted to make any additional purchases, I sent my husband to the store. He is fairly good about sticking to the list.

3. Julie says:

Breakfast: eggs/toast, bagel, cereal bar
    Lunch: Packed lunches for everyone except me, I ate out since I was out running all the errands
    Dinner: Packed snack boxes for DD and my oldest for softball practice, leftovers for the other kids and myself.

I made a produce run at sprouts yesterday so we have enough to last us the rest of the challenge. Dinners may have to get creative though, but maybe not. I also have 2 soups in the freezer but I’d rather not use those.

I was in a cooking rut…well, all of last fall. This challenge has ignited my passion for the kitchen again.

• Tasty says:

Sometimes we all just need that extra push Julie. Seems like you’re doing well!

I feel the same way. I was definitely in a cooking rut all of last year, even though i love to cook. This month that has changed back where I want it to be and I’m so excited about it. Yay for us!

• So glad you’ve got some mojo back!

4. Tasty says:

Wednesday January 24th

B – fruit and yogurt for hubby, baked apple for me. We both had a slice of toast.

L- i had a mutton pie (freezer, and an old favourite from my days as a kid, now available locally),. Hubby had a couple of muffins, a banana and a clementine after the gym. Muffins from the freezer!

S – chicken corn soup (freezer) and turkey sandwiches.

Before we went away,the store had a good sale on turkey ‘ pieces’ so we picked up a turkey breast for about $6. I cooked it yesterday morning, made gravy with the juices and sliced the meat when it had cooled. Used some of the meat for sandwiches and we’ll have a turkey dinner, with the cranberry sauce I made the day before. As the plan is to go to the movies this afternoon, all i have to do this morning is prepare some veggies and supper will be real quick when we come home! There will be turkey left for at least one more meal. A little planning has gone a long way!

Love when things work out like this! What movie did you see? We’ve been binging on many of the latest out in theaters, so I’m curious.

• tasty says:

We went to see the latest Starwars movie – The Last Jedi. Not my type of movie but it was a good use for a winter afternoon. Our local theatre does a $7 matinee for seniors so a cheap afternoon out.

Next up I think with Darkest Hour!

Nice, all around! We saw that one the first night– we have a 16 year old son who is a huge fan, and likes to see big movies with his parents still (go figure, but actually it’s so he can see it more than once in theaters, I think- he’s seen it 3 times). We enjoyed it. I believe we are seeing Darkest hour tomorrow! Have you seen Dunkirk? I understand they are good “companion” movies.

• Tasty says:

Yes,Dunkirk was an excellent movie!! I’m not sure that enjoy is a word I would use to describe it though.. it really was very thought provoking. Altho we we’re not born until after the end of the war, it made me realise just what we could have been involved in – scary!!!

5. Julies says:

Still miserable with ear ache, sinus infection , sore throat and fatigue . So much coughing making it hard to sleep then I wake up my 16 month old with it.

B I had eggs, kids had cereal , husband had oatmeal
    L PBJ for kids, yogurt with pb for me , husband takes potato and lentils daily
    D chili, drop biscuits , frozen corn.

• Stephanie P says:

I really hope you feel better soon!

• Julies says:

Thank you Stephanie !

Oh gosh I hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick like this.

I can surely sympathize with the coughing. I hope you feel better soon!!

• Julies says:

Thank you Stephanie !

• Kathy in Denmark says:

Coughing non stop is the worst!
      Hope you feel better soon.

6. Sandi says:

Glad the burn was not serious. Hope it heals quickly.

Wed
    B – Belvita breakfast biscuits, grapefruit for me, I think he had cereal but I wasn’t there
    L – he finished the rotisserie chicken. I had planned to use my free ChickFilA nuggets coupon, but the line was a good 30 minutes long and I did not have that kind of time to waste, so I had to go pick up a small chili at Wendy’s.
    D – pork chops, mac and cheese, green beans, sliced tomatoes – that menu sounds straight out of “how to tell if she lives in the South” manual, doesn’t it?

• Karen J says:

I want to come to your house for dinner 🙂 Yum! And I live in the North.

• Felicia says:

Add biscuits to that menu, Sandi and you would have nailed it! 😉

• Julies says:

Yum!

7. Karen says:

Guess what we had for dinner? Ground pork! 🙂 I tried out a new recipe – pork shepherds pie (it was not a hit). My daughter asked what we were having while I was making it, and I told her, and my husband said “WHY???” (he doesn’t like new recipes), and I said “we have a ton of ground pork and we can’t just eat pork and cabbage stir fry three times a week.” Again, he asked “WHY???” This from the man who would eat the same four dinners in constant rotation…fortunately for me, he doesn’t cook! LOL!

B: bagel for my daughter, yogurt and granola for me, peaches and cottage cheese for hubby.
    L: daughter had hot lunch, hubby had frozen entree, I had leftover chicken and dumplings.
    D: pork shepherds pie (that recipe was definitely not a keeper but I’ll eat the leftovers!).

• Felicia says:

Funny you should mention Shepherd’s Pie, Karen! I made a cheeseburger pie with ground chuck and it was a miss as well. DH said I should put gravy and mashed potatoes on the leftovers and transform it into Shepherd’s Pie. I will definitely be adding them so that we can finish this up without being wasteful if that’s what it will take for him to eat it!

• Karen says:

That’s the opposite of what happened at my house – my daughter (who would eat her weight in mashed potatoes) told me I ruined the whole thing by putting the potatoes on top of the dish (because potatoes should be their own food, and nothing else!). LOL!

8. June says:

I did really good in the seperate freezer but the freezer in the frig still has to much stuff in it, some of it probably has freezer burn and needs to be tossed.

I spent $72 at the grocery store yesterday $25 of it was coffee haha.

I took my boys out to dinner last night. I got a great meal at Carrabas for only 400 calories thats awesome. Chipotle at best is 600 calories?

9. Mona says:

Wednesday 1/24

Brunch – Ham & cheese quiche – had to be at daughters first thing in the morning to get the littles up and ready for school so till I got home and got things going it was late am. Hubby had cereal while I was gone

Cut up apples w/caramel dip for snack

Dinner – Baked cod, macaroni & cheese and green beans

10. Terry calkins says:

Good morning all. Cold, windy and rainy this morning. The weatherman had predicted snow. So glad he was wrong. I have a roast searing right now. Need to take a meal into my mom today. She is 92. I know that she won’t cook roast for herself anymore.
    Breakfast yesterday was french toast and eggs. I took the leftover raspberry syrup and some cranberries and cooked them together.
    Lunch was leftover Canadian bacon, half an onion and leftover mashed potatoes cooked into soup and finished with milk, butter and parsley to make a wonderful chowder. Hubby had two bowls full!. I had some and put a couple ladles full over the dogs food. She smiled! Didn’t come up for air till the bowl was empty. There’s still enough left for another serving or two.
    Dinner hubby had leftover tacos. I had a black bean burger. Snack we had popcorn cooked in our air popper.
    Glad some of you ladies will continue on. Although I am staying well in budget my freezers are full to the top, but my new dishwasher is nearly half paid for so that is a win!

• Terry calkins says:

Everyone have a great day

• tasty says:

Way to go on the dishwasher, Terry!!!

Awesome saving for the dishwasher! So nice to see such a good thing come out of the pantry challenge for you!

• Julies says:

Great job! So glad you can bless your mom with a nice meal.

11. Stephanie P says:

Yikes about the burns – glad she is ok!

Things are getting back to normal (knock on wood) in my house.

B: Steel cut oats and peanut butter, coffee for me. Kid1 just didn’t want breakfast. Kid2 ate some dry cereal, banana, yogurt.
    L: Kid1 packed turkey and cheese sandwich, grapes, and veggie straws. Kid2 is fed at school. I had l/o pepper steak and cauli rice, apple, and cheese.
    D: The family had spaghetti, meatballs and bread. I am swearing off pasta this week since I’ve been eating way too much of it in the past few crazy weeks (it’s so easy). I had frozen mussels with Kale, tomatoes, olives and mushrooms. I have a TON of mussels still in the freezer, so that was an easy and fast meal too.

Dessert/Snacks: Carrots and yogurt dip and a piece of chocolate for me. Half an ice cream sandwich for Kid 1 and Kid 2. I have no idea with my husband.

Mussels are soooo good. We all love them, but I’ve never cooked them at home before. Are they easy to prepare?

• Stephanie P says:

Incredibly easy! And I’m not an amazing cook. I throw them in a pan and turn on our stove and cover. They just steam and when they open they are done! So good.

So good to know! I’ll have to try my hand at them one of these days!

12. Laurie in CA says:

1/24
    B – hubs bought a breakfast burrito before he went golfing, I had a triple berry protein shake
    L – we had plans to have our main meal around 2:30 after hubs golf game. He came home with chills but since I had already started cooking, I had my meal and he went to bed. I fixed pan seared salmon, baked sweet potato (for me), roasted cauliflower and roasted potatoes (for hubs). After hubs got up he had some canned soup and crackers
    D – I ate some raw veggies, pita chips and hummus, hubs had toast and tea

I’ll probably have to make a small grocery run to buy hubs more bread and another can or two of soup for when I’m not there. I think i will make homemade chicken noodle soup tomorrow. Maybe I’ll make some ciabatta bread too. I have four different soups in individual portions in the freezer so hubs can grab one if he feels like eating.

13. Roberta says:

Ouch! Poor FishChick!

Wed. 1/24/18

B: Oatmeal, last of the LO mini bagels for the guys, muffin for me, OJ, coffee.

L: Packed lunch for son (Hubs packed it, so I’m not sure what it contained. Probably pretty much what he usually packs.) Hubs was home for lunch, so he and I had egg salad sandwiches on hm French, salad, carrot and celery sticks w/ hm ranch dip, bananas (!).

D: Cheesy-Mexi Lentil Mac (pantry and fridge), corn (freezer), salad, apple and orange slices.

S/D: Son had a string cheese and blueberry muffin after school. Not sure what Hubs may have had. Nothing for me.

14. Laurie says:

1/24
    B- The usual- oatmeal
    S- apple for husband and an orange for me
    L- cheese sandwich for me and the usual for husband
    D- I made a really good stir fry with the leftover pork I had from dinner several nights ago. I sliced it into matchstick slices, added a homemade stir fry sauce with lots of bits and pieces of veggies- fresh and frozen. Served it with steamed rice. I really surprised myself. Normally, I do have left over pork from a loin and never know what to do with it. This time I had a plan and it was darn good!
    Popcorn for a snack while watching a movie with rain gently falling on the roof.
    It was a good day!

Nice work with the stir fry!

• Laurie says:

Thank you! If I could be that successful all the time, I won’t have a freezer full of bits and pieces! LOL!

15. Pat says:

I am glad Fish Chick is okay!
    Hopefully everyone who is ill is feeling better.
    I got my 4th Good Cheap Eats cookbook yesterday. I am saving it for the weekend.
    Jan 24
    Breakfast was the usual.
    Lunch–My husband took l/o roasted pork with bbq sauce, l/o whipped sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus I had a hard boiled egg.
    Dinner–I made the filling from Jessica’s chicken stuffed shells and put it over l/o spaghetti. It was delicious! We also had salad and cuties.

16. Felicia says:

THURSDAY – JAN 25

Still helping out at my son’s house or the infirmary as I’ve been calling it! 😉

Wednesday I made a cheeseburger pie for dinner with a salad and French Fries. It was just okay. DH said I should have put mashed potatoes and gravy on top and it would have been a perfect Shepherd’s Pie. Except there are no potatoes in the infirmary to make mashed potatoes.

Thursday’s dinner will be a crock pot meal called honey bourbon chicken that has no bourbon in it! It’s delicious especially when served over rice. The recipe can be found here, if you’d like to try it! https://www.persnicketyplates.com/crock-pot-honey-bourbon-chicken/

Family is feeling better so I suspect my time here is coming to a close and they will be on their own for the weekend to rest and recuperate. I’m leaving some spaghetti sauce and meatballs plus they have a few items in their freezer to carry them a few more days.

• Mona says:

Glad all our starting to feel better Felicia. Now take care of yourself. Printed off the “No” Bourbon Chicken recipe. Will be on next weeks Menu plan….thank you and have a safe trip home.

• Felicia says:

Mona,

Hope you enjoy it! Sandi asked about the amount of honey. The only ingredient that I tweak is the soy sauce because I’m sodium restricted. I find that HALF the amount of soy sauce works great and the flavor is still fabulous. Serve over rice. Any leftover sauce can be frozen. I’ve served it with pork too and it’s great.

• Mona says:

Felicia, I will make it as you said with only half the amount of soy sauce. Will let you know but have a feeling we are going to enjoy it. Like the fact that there might be extra sauce to freeze, so another quick meal!

• Sandi says:

Did you make it as posted, or did you cut the honey quantity a little? I’m concerned that it could be crazy sweet.

• Felicia says:

Sandi –

The only ingredient that I CUT IN HALF is the soy sauce! I’m sodium restricted and when I make this recipe, I have to be essentially salt free all day and use all my sodium for dinner.

Honey and ketchup as stated in the recipe, half the soy sauce and it’s great. You can play with it and see which works best for you.

If you have extra sauce at the end of your meal, it freezes great! I’ve discovered it pares well with pork chops or boneless pork tenderloin too!

• Stephanie P says:

Glad everyone is starting to feel a bit better!

Well, the crud has hit our house, but luckily it’s not awful. Son stayed home, but given his heavy workload for end the of the term, he still worked. He was able to sleep in, and study in bed, and nap, and write as he felt able(luckily no major headache, just lots of crazy sinus). Yesterday he got things turned in online (most are always turned in online, but his AP Eng portfolio was supposed to be printed and conferenced about. Instead he “shared” his final documents with his teacher and they emailed about it. This afternoon I supervised a midterm he took online. So grateful for technology that makes being home sick easier to cope with when school is crazy. Also grateful he isn’t more ill and also that he wasn’t spreading germs. I also stopped at the store to pick up a few things he wanted, and got a few other useful items. Spent $17 on OJ, Chocolate Milk(yeah, extravagant, but he really wanted the Tru Moo kind, and I caved), broccoli, potatoes(we haven’t had any in ages), ww hambuger buns. Total this month at $205. I’ll have to get a few more things before january is over, but hope to keep it to $250- we have company coming Sunday for dinner, and I still need to plan the meal. Hopefully it won’t require too much shopping, but I will to have a nice meal. This is way less than typical. That is for sure!

Wednesday, 1/24:

B: husband and I skipped; son had a bowl of cereal and OJ
    L: hubs ate some cheetos, he tells me (he was pretty hungry when he got home!); son had Chick Fil A (he begged for this, on top of the chocolate milk, sick kids always make me cave, especially when they’re busy with mid-terms AND sick); I had egg salad on crackers and a banana
    D: salmon burgers(freezer) on ww buns w/lettuce, tomato, red onion, garlic mustard aoli; big green salad w/carrots/cucumber/avocado, using up the rest of a bag of butter lettuce that wouldn’t have lasted 12 more hours(phew!); roasted garlic potato bites(i cut up potatoes into bit-sized pieces, tossed with olive oil, and fancy garlic salt and other seasonings, then roast them)- we love these and haven’t had them in forever. So glad I grabbed potatoes at the store!

Now if only I can come up with a good menu for Sunday, without having to buy too much. hmmm.

• Sandi says:

ChickFilA and chocolate milk seem a pretty reasonable allowance for a sick kid. I’m surprised they allowed a parent to proctor a midterm. potential for conflict of interest and all that. Fantastic that technology lets him keep up, though!

It’s up to the teacher I guess, and my son is a good student- He’s doing very well in the class. The midterm exam was a selection of questions from prior exams, word for word. So I’m guessing the teacher knew he’d do well on it anyway. Also, the exam was online and is set up so if the person taking it leaves the screen for any amount of time, it gets reported to the teacher and results in a zero usually. This way no one can go look at info to cheat. Apparently it was taken by computer in class as well(the school provides laptops to all students now, and yes, it’s public). I just sat next to him while he was at the dinner table, and his phone was on the other side of the room. I’m definitely not the parent who would ever enable cheating. 🙂

18. Joa in IA says:

1/24

B- Banana protein shake for me, hubby cinnamon oatmeal. Boys both had leftover pizza

L- BBQ beef with chips for me, hubby had a protein shake. Son1 had chicken strips. Son2 had school lunch.

Snack – Store bought chex mix. Still left from New Years Eve.

Supper- Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic toast. Used a bag of frozen meatballs. Seeing some white space in the big freezer. This is the one with the plastic freezer baskets froze in.

Dessert- The last of the Oreo ice cream cake from hubby’s birthday last week. Everyone kind of forgot about it.

We are going with Son1 on a college visit tomorrow. He had decided back in November he wanted to go where I went up in Minnesota– all accepted and done with paperwork.
    Now a football coach from another school has been contacting him so we will see what it’s like there tomorrow. I’ll be honest, I’m not thrilled with this college. I just need to keep my opinions to myself till we see what they have to offer. They don’t even have the major he is interested in.
    The other issue- he is having surgery on his right shoulder February 19 to repair a torn muscle. He hurt it in football this past fall and still played the rest of the season. We were told it’s a very common lineman injury and the orthopedic surgeon said he has repaired lots of these. We will just wait and see I guess. At least it’s suppose to be really nice tomorrow a high of 55 degrees!

19. Sarah Gallop says:

January 24

Breakfast: hubs had a craving for popcorn and a salad, as the salads we made for dinner on Monday were basically wasted because we had to rush to a meeting and didn’t get the chance to finish them. A strange meal!

Lunch: pb&j for me, ham sandwich for him

Dinner: hotdogs because I had been up since 2am and was dead tired.

January 24, Day 24

B – Hubby had cereal; I had a whole wheat English muffin, an apple, peanuts, and V8

L – Hubby had a business luncheon; I had oatmeal with cinnamon and peanuts on the side

D – Chicken sausage sandwiches on whole wheat buns – plain for hubby, mine had mustard and sauerkraut; hubby also had fried rice using up the white rice that came with the Chinese food – just fried it in butter; I had an apple with mine

Today I could actually feel myself getting on the mend so I still stayed inside and rested today but I am starting to feel better

• Mona says:

So glad to hear you are feeling better Stephanie! Continue to rest and don’t push yourself. Seems this crud is lasting at the least 2 to 3 weeks and the cough can go on longer. So try to relax as much as possible.

Thank you so much Mona!! I will definitely not be going dancing anytime soon. I’m still coughing but not nearly as much. My energy level is getting better and I’m not sleeping during the day anymore. And the best part, my pajamas are back in the drawer until night time. There’s nothing nicer than a “pajama day” during the winter on a weekend when it’s cold and gloomy but I’ve had a pajama day all week so I don’t want to see them anymore. LOL

Tomorrow though, Saturday, we are taking our five year old grandson, Michael, to see “Monster Jam” at the Prudential Center in Newark. We bought these tickets at Christmas time. It’s only for a couple of hours and I honestly feel good enough to go. I wasn’t sure two days ago. We’ll be home by late afternoon and then we’re free to have dinner and a movie and a nice quiet evening.

• Mona says:

Stephanie, Enjoy and have fun on your adventure with your little guy! Then come home and put those jammies back on and sit or lay back and rest up.

Hi Mona!! We got home about 30 minutes ago (4:30) and I was really glad I went. It was a fun day and it was most fun watching Michael’s face when all the trucks were doing tricks. But I took your advice and I’m already comfy in my pajamas and TV and dinner are imminent. And the best part is I’m not doing any major cooking. Paul is grilling and all I have to do is throw a couple of potatoes in the oven and some green beans too. Done!! And tomorrow’s weather is going to be rainy all day so pajamas may rule again. LOL I’m really happy to see that so far you are doing well. I won’t say that too loud though. Hoping you and your hubby are getting ready for a nice Saturday evening with whatever you’re doing. We’re having our dinner in front of the TV on snack tables in the den and watching a few of our taped TV shows. I love quiet Saturday nights. I remember when I was in my 20’s a quiet Saturday night was a “failure” to my life. LOL Now, I’m so grateful for them. Enjoy yours too!!!! 🙂

Hi again Mona. Well, we’ve decided we’re not hungry at all so tonight’s dinner will be for tomorrow and we’ll find something small to snack on tonight. We had no choice but to eat lunch at the Prudential Center and not a light healthy one either. So because we’re no longer used to salted food, we’re drinking bottle after bottle of water like two camels and we’re too full and wouldn’t appreciate the nice dinner we were going to have so tomorrow it is. The night just got easier. No dishes. Yaaaa!!!

• Mona says:

So glad you had a good time with your little guy today Stephanie. They are just too darn cute. Glad to hear you and your honey are all curled in for the night and ready to just sit back and relax and drink your water. lol Isn’t it sad as we get older how nice it is to stay home and just cuddle or curl up with a good book. My girls were either making fun of me or getting upset with me when I discovered being home was a good thing and I didn’t want to be on the go all the time so I just told them that someday they will understand and they will think of me when their girls are trying to get them to leave the house, Isn’t that why they call it Home Sweet Home? Enjoy your evening and glad you enjoyed your day….and didn’t have to cook dinner. Sounds like a win/win day to me.

yay for starting to feel better!!

Thanks so much Heather!! It was really a lousy week. How is everything going in your house. I hope your son doesn’t get it too bad and I hope you and your hubby miss it. It’s really terrible.

21. Julie says:

What is your bread recipe?