What’s Your Comfort Food?

For some people, macaroni and cheese is the thing to eat when you’re feeling a little blue. For others, it’s Ratatouille. For me?

Hmmm…. tough question. It depends on the ailment.

Fatigue? Vanilla Coke

Sore throat? Hot lemonade (fresh lemon juice + honey + hot water)

Icky tummy? Yogurt

Not really sure what ails me? Cinnamon toast

How ’bout YOU? What’s your comfort food?

About Jessica Fisher

Comments

1. knab says:

If I am stressed out, I go for Fettuccine Alfredo. If I am just feeling blah, not sick, not happy but not sad, just blah, I go for Buffalo Wings. If I am feeling like my blood pressure is low, I want a Mt. Dew. And for some really strange reason, if I am down with a migraine, I want a gyro.

2. Stef says:

One of my feel good foods is grilled cheese and tomato soup. I especially love my mom’s homeade chicken soup when I’m really under the weather though.

3. Kris7 says:

If it’s emotional…m&m’s.
    If it’s a cold/blocked sinuses…Hot Tamales candy or Atomic Fireballs.
    If it’s general body aches/coming down with something…Chinese food (the spices seem medicinal!)
    If it’s a cough and I can’t sleep…whiskey.
    If I’ve just had the stomach flu and am beginning to eat again…small McDonald’s hamburger.
    If it’s a sore throat…popcorn and hot toddy (tea with honey and whiskey).

Wow, didn’t realize I relied on comfort foods so much! Have a great day!!

Kris7

4. stacy says:

Mashed potatoes and gravy works for just about anything.

5. Potatoes. Any way, any kind, any mood. If Bubba can sing praises to shrimp in Forrest Gump, I can sing them about the potato.

6. Sarah says:

If I am sick I have to get Pho. Pretty much any illness that allows me to eat calls for a big bowl of Pho.

7. Jenny says:

If I’m getting sick, a big bowl of soup. Either chicken noodle, or Chinese hot & sour. Tomato and grilled cheese, or the copycat Olive Garden sausage/potato/kale soup.

If I’m just down/emotional, something spicy. Nachos, hot wing dip, biscuits and gravy sprinkled with Tabasco. Chips and salsa is a favorite pms treat.

8. I LOVE cinnamon toast! I used to put tons of butter, sugar, and cinnamon on top when I was a kid. Total total comfort food!

9. hmm….
    homemade gooey cookies
    gobs of fresh fruit
    salad
    soup with biscuits or crackers
    almost anything with too much cheese 🙂

10. It never fails, if I want to comfort eat I either need something with potatoes or melty cheese. Bonus if the two are combined!

11. Nachos or chips and cheese! Love them and it is completely comforting!

12. Coby says:

Mashed potatoes!!!!!

Oh, and if I’m sick I love top ramen…yep the only time I ever eat it!

13. Lee says:

I need Carbs!!! Any kind of toast makes me happy, and bonus if I have something that includes tomato sauce 🙂

14. Oh man, homemade mac & cheese with a crispy bread crumb topping.

Annie’s Organic White Cheddar and Shells made with Greek yogurt is a good stand-in if the craving is serious.